Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Reports in France claim that we, SHA and West Ham want free agent Francois Clerc who was recently released by Lyon. However in recent hours it's emerged that he is close to signing Roma.

I have no source I'm afraid. There's a SSN link but no mention of us there.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nouble is the big, black striker who played against us at Villa Park. Noble is the centre midfielder who is 23/24.

I actually went down stairs thinking it didnt make sense then rembered that just as you posted it.

Nouble is the big, black striker who played against us at Villa Park. Noble is the centre midfielder who is 23/24.

yeah he's the one who's evey touch was greeted by the bloke behind me with "**** hell carlton cole you are shit"

would it not be prudent to dispense with these lightweight wingers and look towards the likes of podoski/Mueller.

....put a bit of meat on the bone.

yeah he's the one who's evey touch was greeted by the bloke behind me with "**** hell carlton cole you are shit"

What game was he watching then?

For a young lad he led the line superbly that day.

would it not be prudent to dispense with these lightweight wingers and look towards the likes of podoski/Mueller.

....put a bit of meat on the bone.

Podolski seems to only play well for Germany and Muller well, he plays for the biggest team in Germany and Northern Europe so I think he's set where he is. And he's a skinny fecker!

SWP is brilliant to bring on 80minutes into a game just to chase things down and hit on the counter when the opposition is knackered.

Other then that he's pretty lame.

This is exactly what he did to us last season at Man City.

I don't understand the vitriol - he is a more than capable winger and while his crossing might not be the best he scores goals which is something that we are lacking from our wingers generally.

Plus Barry Bannan would feel like Peter Crouch with SWP around.

I think we'll see lots of outs but not so many ins.

We don't really need many ins tbh.

A striker, a midfielder, a rightback. If Milner goes then a top-notch replacement.

I can see us relying on Delfouneso, Clark, Albrighton a lot more this season, and rightly so!

You win nothing with kids you know :)

Aye, but you can get top 4 with kids :P

Forget the Irelands, the Keanes, the Parkers etc.

Why am I going into yet another season worried about our right back position?

Everyone affiliated with the club, the fans, the players etc. know we have an excellent right back at the club...apart from one man. If we go into next season with Cuellar at right back ill be mightily dissapointed. I honestly really struggle to watch villa when he is there, it makes me cringe and actually upsets me to watch a player played so badly out of position.

I really hope this area of the team is sorted out. Id like to think MON isnt stupid, but at times, i do wonder.

I believe they finished 6th last year, so no. Still, if we want to push on, this is the type of player i think we should be targeting.

I would like to see this too, if we sell Milner then I would be disappointed if we did not make a bid.

That is a completely over the top comment on the RB situation. We have 2 decent RB's, I agree we should be looking at signing a better one but Young is not htat good and Cuellar is not that bad.