Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Please explain to me, in no more than 1500 words, exactly why SWP is no better than our current right winger.

Never in my life have I ever seen any of the current Villa wingers perform as poorly as SWP did at the world cup. And people were surprised. Shaun 'Im going to dribble down a blind alley' Wright-Phillips.

The guy is totally clueless

So you're basing your opinion of SWP from a handful of appearances (mainly sub) at the World Cup?

No, thats the worst Ive seen him play though.But hes usually pretty appauling though. Both him and Lennon, embarrasingly out of their depth.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its so quiet on the transfer front, roll on the end of the world cup and the ensuing shopping frenzy!!!!

From us?

Mon hasn't been shy when it comes to making signings pre season in the last couple of years has he.

6 last year and 8 in the summer of 08.

I expect we'll see a number of in and outs so we'll be as active in the market as most.

I think we'll see lots of outs but not so many ins.

We don't really need many ins tbh.

A striker, a midfielder, a rightback. If Milner goes then a top-notch replacement.

I can see us relying on Delfouneso, Clark, Albrighton a lot more this season, and rightly so!

I think we'll see lots of outs but not so many ins.

We don't really need many ins tbh.

A striker, a midfielder, a rightback. If Milner goes then a top-notch replacement.

I can see us relying on Delfouneso, Clark, Albrighton a lot more this season, and rightly so!

You win nothing with kids you know :)

You win nothing with kids you know

People say that ironically as if to say you do win stuff with kids. Despite it happening maybe twice in 150 years of English football. I think, apart from statistical abominations, you win nothing with kids.

People say that ironically as if to say you do win stuff with kids. Despite it happening maybe twice in 150 years of English football. I think, apart from statistical abominations, you win nothing with kids.

I agree.

Hansen was right it was just his timing that was wrong.

Chelsea won it this year with a fair few old heads,and Man U have also done the same over they years..

Chelsea won it this year with a fair few old heads,and Man U have also done been the same over they years..

eh?

Hope I don't open a can of worms here but I'd rather have Bentley over SWP as I reckon he could play in the centre ala Milner last year and looked a better player than SWP towards the end of last season.

Hope I don't open a can of worms here but I'd rather have Bentley over SWP as I reckon he could play in the centre ala Milner last year and looked a better player than SWP towards the end of last season.

I totally agree. Only issue with Bentley is his mentality. If MON can work with that and bring the best out of him he'd be a great player for Villa

I totally agree. Only issue with Bentley is his mentality. If MON can work with that and bring the best out of him he'd be a great player for Villa

This. I think Bentley is a much better player but doubt he'd be fully focused on his football. I'm not a big SWP fan and am not sure we carry him in our midfield. He'd probably want astronomical wages, too.