Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

It's only now that I even start to hope for new players coming in. Really don't expect it yet, though. But now I will look for possible new signings.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No new signings until they are back for preseason I think

Aren't they back today?

Thought it was another week or so.

We've got a game in a fortnight. I thought they were back today, I'm not sure though.

I don't think we're on the verge of a signing mind you and I'd be a little surprised if we get one before we play Peterborough.

SWP????? **** me, he is shite. People on here a couple of years ago were saying O'Neill got it wrong buying Milner when he could have got SWP and now City want Milner people are again saying we should go for SWP. Jesus Christ.

I really don't know why I enter this thread.

SWP????? **** me, he is shite. People on here a couple of years ago were saying O'Neill got it wrong buying Milner when he could have got SWP and now City want Milner people are again saying we should go for SWP. Jesus Christ.

I really don't know why I enter this thread.

:lol: It could be different people. But I'm with you. No way on SWP cheers.

MON is playing golf in Ireland.

Good point and one that points out what a poor memory I've got.

I wonder if the game against Peterborough will be similar to the Oxford friendly last season; a bit of a run out for the reserves.

for prob the first summer ever! I literally couldnt name a player that i would LIKE to see at the villa! (realistic targets) does anyone eles feel were in limbo at the moment.. some are not good enough to improve us and some are just still out of our reach! Annoying!

Robbie Keane maybe the one i would say IF he ahs a good spell could do some good for us!

Please explain to me, in no more than 1500 words, exactly why SWP is no better than our current right winger.

Never in my life have I ever seen any of the current Villa wingers perform as poorly as SWP did at the world cup. And people were surprised. Shaun 'Im going to dribble down a blind alley' Wright-Phillips.

The guy is totally clueless

SWP along with Joe Cole are Englands most overrated players by a mile. In no otehr country would a player like SWP be tolerated for so long. He has nearly 40 caps and i bet he has played well in about 4 of them games

Please explain to me, in no more than 1500 words, exactly why SWP is no better than our current right winger.

Never in my life have I ever seen any of the current Villa wingers perform as poorly as SWP did at the world cup. And people were surprised. Shaun 'Im going to dribble down a blind alley' Wright-Phillips.

The guy is totally clueless

So you're basing your opinion of SWP from a handful of appearances (mainly sub) at the World Cup?