Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

If we can't get shot of NRC I hope we can do something interesting with him... like get shot of him in another way, a literal way. Using a cannon.
Why? I think NRC still has a future at the club, MON needs to use him more and make his ability count.

I don't think he's much cop in no uncertain terms and want him out, while we still have the chance to rip someone off for him and so he doesn't have to linger on for another year.

Been over more precisely why too many times before and it's tiresome. Just like having him as an Aston Villa player is for me.

If there's anyone at Villa i'd like to see the back of it's NRC. I can't believe how many people still rate him. He's the only Premier League footballer i've seen that can't actually play football in the slightest.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a myth created on VT, it's a excuse to justify MON's dogmatic team selections and stubborn management. NRC has rarely had a bad game in his time at Villa.

Pretty much this. But I still think his time here is over given the fallout with O'Neill. Despite the rather laughable 'forgiveness' that he has experienced since.

Yeah exactly, it's a shame really because he has shown that he can be a big asset to this club especially in a 3 man midfield which is what we seem to have the most positive results in. :?

I think his type of player can lift the crowd and the players because of how competitive and direct he is. He wins the ball and then quickly offloads.

It's fustrating because we spent alot of money on him and it's not as if it's a buy that's gone wrong because he turned out to be crap, it's the fact he's not getting the chances to play.

My nan could look in a 3 man midfield. You can hide in a 3 man midfield.

It is a myth created on VT, it's a excuse to justify MON's dogmatic team selections and stubborn management. NRC has rarely had a bad game in his time at Villa.

Pretty much this. But I still think his time here is over given the fallout with O'Neill. Despite the rather laughable 'forgiveness' that he has experienced since.

Yeah exactly, it's a shame really because he has shown that he can be a big asset to this club especially in a 3 man midfield which is what we seem to have the most positive results in. :?

I think his type of player can lift the crowd and the players because of how competitive and direct he is. He wins the ball and then quickly offloads.

It's fustrating because we spent alot of money on him and it's not as if it's a buy that's gone wrong because he turned out to be crap, it's the fact he's not getting the chances to play.

My nan could look in a 3 man midfield. You can hide in a 3 man midfield.

Yes. Of course, I mean, we beat Fulham, Liverpool (especially Liverpool 1-3) away from home with basically 10 men. Infact the 10 men even won a penalty when Gerrard slid and tackled the thin air man and won a penalty.

NRC has played knocking on for 90 games for us. I think when people start highlighting only a handful of games to justify his place in the team the problem with NRC becomes obvious.

It isn't NRC's job to be 'noticed' it's his job to do the simple things well, he's not a match winner in that he will score a Gerrard-esque 30 yard screamer, but he's a match winner in that he will nulify oppposition threat, which imo he does as well as anyone.

A role he doesn't like, he wants to be a box to box player.

...indeed.

Being honest, the fact we discuss at length such a complete nothing player like NRC just adds to my desire to get shot of him.

I only fear he'll become the martyr his, in somes eyes, sainted status might warrant of that happens.

NRC has played knocking on for 90 games for us. I think when people start highlighting only a handful of games to justify his place in the team the problem with NRC becomes obvious.

:?

Well we are hardly going to go, remember the 07/08 season....when he played well at so and so.

If you want examples.

Last year, lost our first peace cup game, second game, losing 0-1. Petrov injured, Reo-Coker comes on, win 3-1 to go through and won tournament.

doesn't play first game.....second game, he plays, win 3-1. Great performance at Anfield.....then beat Fulham soon after. Plays again in 0-1 win at Blues, admittedly substituted on 70 minutes.

Doesn't play from there, struggling for abit of form....comes in for suspended Petrov....he plays as captain, biggest win of season and biggest win since 5-1 vs Blues 07/08....dropped straight after. 1-1 draw at Burnley followed and terrible performance to add.

doesn't play again till boxing day, 0-0 against Liverpool, our best player IMO that game and was excellent throughout, substituted, lost 0-1. (unluckily)......

played against Blackburn CM with Delph in Fa Cup, both ran the midfield, won game comfortably. Not been seen since.

What more do you want him to do?

:?

Well we are hardly going to go, remember the 07/08 season....when he played well at so and so.

If you want examples.

Last year, lost our first peace cup game, second game, losing 0-1. Petrov injured, Reo-Coker comes on, win 3-1 to go through and won tournament.

doesn't play first game.....second game, he plays, win 3-1. Great performance at Anfield.....then beat Fulham soon after. Plays again in 0-1 win at Blues, admittedly substituted on 70 minutes.

Doesn't play from there, struggling for abit of form....comes in for suspended Petrov....he plays as captain, biggest win of season and biggest win since 5-1 vs Blues 07/08....dropped straight after. 1-1 draw at Burnley followed and terrible performance to add.

doesn't play again till boxing day, 0-0 against Liverpool, our best player IMO that game and was excellent throughout, substituted, lost 0-1. (unluckily)......

played against Blackburn CM with Delph in Fa Cup, both ran the midfield, won game comfortably. Not been seen since.

What more do you want him to do?

This. Well said POB. NRC is vastly underrated imo.

A top 6 premiership team should have a defensive midfielder who can also play a little, and NRC can't . Fairplay, the guy can run around like a nutter putting blocks and tackles in but that just isn't enough at this level. We overpaid for NRC and I would get rid of him in a heartbeat.

How come Nigel Reo Coker has become the answer to all the problems weve got, hes the epitomy of the "player that gets better the longer he cant get in the side"

lets face it people, we cant keep harping on about 1 performance at Anfield in nearly 3 seasons at the club....... IMO Reo-Joker is the biggest waste of skin ive ever seen pull a shirt on, the kid is shite !!

A role he doesn't like, he wants to be a box to box player.

...indeed.

Being honest, the fact we discuss at length such a complete nothing player like NRC just adds to my desire to get shot of him.

I only fear he'll become the martyr his, in somes eyes, sainted status might warrant of that happens.

That is total rubbish Chindie and you know that yourself. I've debated this subject with you before, I don't really know why you have that opinion and attitude towards NRC. I just don't understand your view, can you enlighten me?

How come Nigel Reo Coker has become the answer to all the problems weve got, hes the epitomy of the "player that gets better the longer he cant get in the side"

lets face it people, we cant keep harping on about 1 performance at Anfield in nearly 3 seasons at the club....... IMO Reo-Joker is the biggest waste of skin ive ever seen pull a shirt on, the kid is shite !!

Well I just wrote about his performances last year so obviously you either can't read or don't want to read because noone is hanging about just one performance.

Like I said, we're also not going to bang on about a performance of over 2 years ago are we now... :?

It's the same as going "We should play Sidwell because he was brilliant for Reading in their first season"

That is total rubbish Chindie and you know that yourself. I've debated this subject with you before, I don't really know why you have that opinion and attitude towards NRC. I just don't understand your view, can you enlighten me?

What is total rubbish? He claims, self avowed, to be a box to box player and thats what he wishes to be.

We do often have this debate, and it does indeed add to my desire to get rid of him, because it's **** tiresome. So that's not rubbish either.

Nothing player? Well, thats my opinion of him. Good engine, good athlete, can tackle. Passing problem is overplayed but it's hardly his strong point, technically dire, touch that would embarrass a sex offender... etc etc etc.

Martyrdom if we do rightly ditch him? I think you'll find thats speculation with, imo, some warrant given the clamour by some that he is some saviour that would improve us no end, but regardless as speculation struggles to be wholeheartedly 'rubbish'.

You say yourself we've been over this before so I'll not waste my or anyone elses time debating such a run of the mill athlete, and because of those previous debates I shouldn;t really need to reiterate that I think he's a resoundingly poor player who's use for Aston Villa has passed.

Edit for some speeling.