Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Petrov undroppable? Whenever someone mentions a CM possibility, someone else says something like "oh, he couldn't play with Stan." Petrov is slow and he's going to keep slowing down. His passing is pretty simple and he does not offer much else to the team in terms of goals or creating chances. I still like him as a squad player but hopefully we get someone more dynamic.

Is Petrov undroppable? Whenever someone mentions a CM possibility, someone else says something like "oh, he couldn't play with Stan." Petrov is slow and he's going to keep slowing down. His passing is pretty simple and he does not offer much else to the team in terms of goals or creating chances. I still like him as a squad player but hopefully we get someone more dynamic.

Have you forgotten who's manager?

Or more relevant, have you forgotten, or not noticed Petrov's contribution to the team last season? One of the most consistent performers in the team. Gets through so much work and allows the others to tick. He's probably not undroppable, but not until Delph is ready to take over.

Have you forgotten who's manager?

:D:D Very true.

I don't think Petrov is a bad player. I just don't agree with him being captain and as a consequence I think he can be a blockage to picking the correct midfield for some games.

James Milner, Emile Heskey, Stephen Warnock and Brad Guzan have been allowed extra time off following their World Cup exertions for their countries and will be absent when the rest of the squad reconvene to begin their preparations for the new campaign.

Among those due back at Bodymoor Heath will be up-for-sale six Steve Sidwell, Nigel Reo-Coker, Habib Beye, Nicky Shorey, Luke Young and Curtis Davies, who are all available for the right price after finding themselves on the first-team periphery last season.

But all of the players are under contract for at least another year and O’Neill is ready to keep an open mind – pointing to the way Gareth Bale re-established himself as a first-choice at Tottenham last season.

Don't think we will sign many this summer, maybe one or two

James Milner, Emile Heskey, Stephen Warnock and Brad Guzan have been allowed extra time off following their World Cup exertions for their countries and will be absent when the rest of the squad reconvene to begin their preparations for the new campaign.

Among those due back at Bodymoor Heath will be up-for-sale six Steve Sidwell, Nigel Reo-Coker, Habib Beye, Nicky Shorey, Luke Young and Curtis Davies, who are all available for the right price after finding themselves on the first-team periphery last season.

But all of the players are under contract for at least another year and O’Neill is ready to keep an open mind – pointing to the way Gareth Bale re-established himself as a first-choice at Tottenham last season.

we clearly have no money

Its so quiet its painful. The market hasn't really kicked off yet and MON historically gets going late July onwards.

We seem to have stopped being linked with anyone now. Miguel is apparnetly available again I wonder how long it will take for us to be linked again.

West Ham after Klose apparently, madness, i've been saying since 2002 that he'd be awesome in England, strong quick and a natural goalscorer, would be amazing beside Gabby. Doubt any of Man U Chelsea City would be after him so we'd have a chance if he was open to coming to England. Anyone agree?

we clearly have no money

We will have when we sell the crown jewels for the 2nd time in a row. We could just learn that if you surround them by equally talented players they tend not to leave but it's a difficult lesson to learn.

Don't forget a lot of people promise year on year improvement so 5th as a minimum.

(Sorry just fed up with it all today, it's like the Villa is a good news black hole currently)

rather than Downing i wonder if he'll look to give Young a role behind the striker? maybe bring Bannan or Albrighton through.

Its in the thinking that Young may be asked to play in that role but not Bannan kid is finished at Villa