Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So MM is Robbie Keane currently undergoing his medical at Bodymoor, like my Facebook updates are suggesting?

News to me

Another forum is saying something similar but not a whiff in the media. Sounds like bollox to me.

James Milner, Emile Heskey, Stephen Warnock and Brad Guzan have been allowed extra time off following their World Cup exertions for their countries and will be absent when the rest of the squad reconvene to begin their preparations for the new campaign.

Among those due back at Bodymoor Heath will be up-for-sale six Steve Sidwell, Nigel Reo-Coker, Habib Beye, Nicky Shorey, Luke Young and Curtis Davies, who are all available for the right price after finding themselves on the first-team periphery last season.

But all of the players are under contract for at least another year and O’Neill is ready to keep an open mind – pointing to the way Gareth Bale re-established himself as a first-choice at Tottenham last season.

Don't think we will sign many this summer, maybe one or two

we clearly have no money

Hum!! Not that old chestnut again. I think RL covered off that point weeks ago in terms of what he actually said not how the media reported it

So MM is Robbie Keane currently undergoing his medical at Bodymoor, like my Facebook updates are suggesting?

News to me

Another forum is saying something similar but not a whiff in the media. Sounds like bollox to me.

Tell me more...

If we can't get shot of NRC I hope we can do something interesting with him... like get shot of him in another way, a literal way. Using a cannon.
Why? I think NRC still has a future at the club, MON needs to use him more and make his ability count.

If we can't get shot of NRC I hope we can do something interesting with him... like get shot of him in another way, a literal way. Using a cannon.
Why? I think NRC still has a future at the club, MON needs to use him more and make his ability count.

NRC is an athlete, but not much of a footballer.

I don't think he's much cop in no uncertain terms and want him out, while we still have the chance to rip someone off for him and so he doesn't have to linger on for another year.

Been over more precisely why too many times before and it's tiresome. Just like having him as an Aston Villa player is for me.

Sometimes, you need players like NRC, as shown by the fact when he comes into the team, he puts in good performances and the team is successful. Just because he isn't going to spray 50 yard passes around the pitch doesn't make him not very good. Just like the way Agbonlahor is a great striker despite having limited technical ability. His natural pysical attributes make up for it.

I don't agree with that myth which originated on VT; I believe he has the athletic ability and the footballing talent also to improve our first eleven. And he hasn't grumbled about his situation at the club which is a credit to his character.

NRC has no future at our club unless MOn resigns and a new manager comes in and wipes the slate clean.

He has good stamina but no footballing ability like the opposite of Petrov.

Compare NRC to somebody like Annan who would cost about 3 million and has more energy and no slouch on the ball

NRC is just a really bad footballer...

Really good engine though, but it's useless when you make a 5 yard pass look awkward.

NRC's lack of football skill isn't a myth created by VT, it's an opinion of what i'd say 90% of Villa fans i speak to about him.

I really like NRC, he would be fantastic in a midfield 3, where he wouldn't have to pass more than 10 yards, and would be good in a midfield 2 as he was with Barry. I think he has been hard done by, and should be given another crack, because he always performs well when he plays. Remember he lead us to the Peace Cup triumph last summer, and did well in his favoured central role.

Really good engine though, but it's useless when you make a 5 yard pass look awkward.

NRC's lack of football skill isn't a myth created by VT, it's an opinion of what i'd say 90% of Villa fans i speak to about him.

Guess you didn't watch Liverpool away and Bolton at home last season, he was marvelous in both of them games.

It is a myth created on VT, it's a excuse to justify MON's dogmatic team selections and stubborn management. NRC has rarely had a bad game in his time at Villa.

Guess you didn't watch Liverpool away and Bolton at home last season, he was marvelous in both of them games.

It is a myth created on VT, it's a excuse to justify MON's dogmatic team selections and stubborn management. NRC has rarely had a bad game in his time at Villa.

Yeah I thought away at Liverpool was his best game in a Villa shirt, along with the 2-2 at Anfield aswell a couple of years ago (when he was captain). The win at home against Chelsea that same season is another standout. I'm a fan of his, like somone else said, he's good to have in a 3 man midfield. I hope he stays and shows everyone his worth.

Pretty much this. But I still think his time here is over given the fallout with O'Neill. Despite the rather laughable 'forgiveness' that he has experienced since.

I don't agree with that myth which originated on VT; I believe he has the athletic ability and the footballing talent also to improve our first eleven. And he hasn't grumbled about his situation at the club which is a credit to his character.

He did spark O Neill clean out though :winkold:

Pretty much this. But I still think his time here is over given the fallout with O'Neill. Despite the rather laughable 'forgiveness' that he has experienced since.

Yeah exactly, it's a shame really because he has shown that he can be a big asset to this club especially in a 3 man midfield which is what we seem to have the most positive results in. :?

I think his type of player can lift the crowd and the players because of how competitive and direct he is. He wins the ball and then quickly offloads.

It's fustrating because we spent alot of money on him and it's not as if it's a buy that's gone wrong because he turned out to be crap, it's the fact he's not getting the chances to play.

He did spark O Neill clean out though :winkold: