Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Bent is a far better finisher than Suarez

Where's all this proof then?

I'm guessing you rarely watch Dutch football if not at all.

You are categorically saying that someone who scored 47 goals last season is a worse finisher than someone who only scored around 20.

I don't care what league you play in, 47 goals is impressive and the way you are righting him off is absurd.

lol :notworthy:

Oh nooo, a grammatical error.

Spelling and/or word choice error tbf

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darren Bent would easily get 40+ goals in the Erevidse considering Afonso Alves scored 35 goals in one season. I agree that Bent is better than Suarez.

Suarez is also wasteful, for example, Suarez was on the ball about 30 yards out, and Forlan and Cavani were either side of him with only 3 defenders back, then Suarez shoots at goal when he really should have just passed it out wide to Cavani as they probably would have scored from that move.

he's not a quality player, quality players hold the ball up for the team as Forlan did on numerous occasions, Suarez gave it away an awful lot, I've seen him several times for Ajax also and as I'm sure you know the standard of defending is much worse over there. Take it from me, all he can do is finish 1 in 4 chances and for the fee Ajax would want he wouldn't worth it, I'd love it if Spurs signed him for £20 million +

I just think it's funny you say something like that. Suarez scored 2 goals and seemingly did nothing else, (I missed a lot of the match), however this is the same thing you praise Bent for i.e. scoring goals. You say that is his main job, you say that is what we need.

Bent does it week in week out against the best teams in the league, Suarez scores every week against the equivalent of championship teams and I include South Korea in that

Yes but Bent offers little in terms of build up or hold up play, he's all about goals.

Bent is a far better finisher than Suarez

Be honest Darren, you fancied a move Villa, but MON didn't fancy you did he?

:lol:

Darren Bent can't even get in an England squad that is low on quality strikers. Just watching Suarez for one game shows that he is a superior footballer technically and certainly a better finisher too. I couldn't really envisage Bent keeping his cool and curling it into the far stick like Suarez did yesterday. Obviously football opinions are subjective but some of Sir Gary Cahill's views are so leftfield it's beyond funny.

Darren Bent can't even get in an England squad that is low on quality strikers. Just watching Suarez for one game shows that he is a superior footballer technically and certainly a better finisher too. I couldn't really envisage Bent keeping his cool and curling it into the far stick like Suarez did yesterday. Obviously football opinions are subjective but some of Sir Gary Cahill's views are so leftfield it's beyond funny.

And Luke Young can't even get into a squad low on quality fullbacks. It's all relative to the respective managers really. Alves can't get into the Brazil team.

And Luke Young can't even get into a squad low on quality fullbacks. It's all relative to the respective managers really. Alves can't get into the Brazil team.

Hmmm, so why has EVERY England manager in recent history ignored Bent on the biggest stage ?...And Alves can't get in the Brazil side because Maicon is better...tough on Alves mind you as he would walk into any other country's team at right back.

And as far as Luke Young is concerned..Do you mean the Villa side ?.. because Cuellar has improved our defensive unit whilst at right back . We may have suffered offensively but Cuellar has been proven to be the right choice.

From what I've seen of Suarez, which isn't that much, he's a good player, a good striker, but probably not suited to the PL. Don't think he'd be good in this league. He seems to be that kind of player who likes a little bit too much time with the ball and thrives a bit too much on defenders mistakes. Just my view on it.

Ok, lets speculate, talk in the papers today that Nigel De Jong may be forced out by the signing of Yaya Toure at City. I don't know if he'd come to us but he is exactly the sort of player we need in the middle of the park. I've come to accept Milners off so if this guy could be part of the deal that would be immense. Probably cost 15 million or so. Your thoughts...

I'd rather buy De Jong and keep Milner!!!

Surely Milner must look at the turnover of players at Citeh and realise he could be out of the club within a year or 2!!!

I can see Citeh imploding - obviously not financially but they will never keep their squad of players happy. This week SWP wants £100k (!!!!) to maintain parity with the other members of the squad - the big wages will add resentment between players and there's always the risk of someone 'bigger' being bought so the owner can continue to play real life FM!

I'm of the belief that Jimmy Milner is a little more than the usual footballer in that he has a degree of common sense and isn't in it, purely for the money. I hope he sticks around, signs a well earned new contract and becomes the Villa legend he is gearing up to be.

Yes but Bent offers little in terms of build up or hold up play, he's all about goals.

It's a shame that goals don't win you games.

Oh!

I just feel SGC is contradicting himself.

Ok, lets speculate, talk in the papers today that Nigel De Jong may be forced out by the signing of Yaya Toure at City. I don't know if he'd come to us but he is exactly the sort of player we need in the middle of the park. I've come to accept Milners off so if this guy could be part of the deal that would be immense. Probably cost 15 million or so. Your thoughts...

I like De Jong, he's a no nonsense proper DM, if he'd want to come to us then I think we should use him as part of our fleecing City for everything we can get for Milner. De Jong, Ireland and Richards would be a good swap. De Jong and Ireland would cover both assests of Milners game but slightly better IMO. Richards would offer a good balance to Warnock as an attacking fullback, playing both De Jong and Petrov in a 4-2-3-1 system would give the fullbacks the license to get forward a lot more whilst keeping the protection at the back.

It's a shame that goals don't win you games.

Oh!

I just feel SGC is contradicting himself.

as I said Bent does it against the best sides in the league week in week out, Suarez does it against Championship sides and is unproven in that respect