Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

The time to sign Honda was when he was playing in Holland for VVV-Venlo. But our scouts apparently aren't allowed outside of Britain. No way CSKA Moscow is going to sell him to anyone outside the massive clubs or a Man City/Spurs.

Same again, we didnt sign him from venlo cos our scouts dont go abroad, why didnt spurs or city sign him from venlo then? Their scouts dont go abroad either? Utter bollocks

Liverpool were chasing Honda for about a year but could never get the deal done. Typical Rick Parry

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy honda looks brilliant!

Yes, but don't forget the fact that Sorensen was the GK. Tommy was up to his old tricks I am afraid. He looked suspect on crosses and set pieces.

It will be interesting to see how Honda does as the WWC progresses.

If Honda can't speak fluent English he might find it difficult acclimatising to life with an English club.

Sorensen wasn't playing in all eleven positions though?

Sorensen was at fault for Honda's freekick. It was an unforgiveable mistake from a keeper of such experience and talent. All Honda did was hit the target, it was not a good freekick. Second one was much better, maybe the wall was poorly positioned but I can't say for sure.

Honda looks a good player, no question. But I would prefer Doyle or Rodallega to him, they are settled and have shown that they are quality in the PL.

Didn't think Honda was a striker, he looks like the Japanese David Beckham to me.

As others have said we should not just be buying players based on what they have done in the WC there are so many other things to consider and probbaly reasons why they have not moved to England earlier.

Didn't think Honda was a striker, he looks like the Japanese David Beckham to me.

As others have said we should not just be buying players based on what they have done in the WC there are so many other things to consider and probbaly reasons why they have not moved to England earlier.

He isn't, he is a midfielder. Japan only play him up front as they are strong in midfield and weak up front. He is their best midfielder so goes up front.

Signing Honda would very much depend upon us reaching an accord with him. I don't know if you've got any insight into this?

If he does sign, we would surely need a civic reception ....... probably with a jazz band.

You're trying to do a pun right? :?

Too lazy to read through thread to see if it's been said or discussed already. But I think signing Michael Bradley would be clutch. Would be a perfect replacement for Petrov. Just watch his movement and positioning during the USA game today. Saying that I prob just jynxed my country.

Too lazy to read through thread to see if it's been said or discussed already. But I think signing Michael Bradley would be clutch. Would be a perfect replacement for Petrov. Just watch his movement and positioning during the USA game today. Saying that I prob just jynxed my country.

"Clutch" ????????????????????

"Clutch" ????????????????????

Come on dont be so slow its the thing we use to change gears in a car with .oh wait ........??