Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should look at Park Chu-Young. Seriously. He's been South Korea's best player this entire World Cup.

If reports are to be believed, we are looking at him.

Yeah he does, surely the big teams are sitting up and taking notice. We should try and get in there first when/if :shock: Japan go out the world cup.

Shame we hadnt noticed him earlier to be honest but with our scouting network its not surprising really

Got to remember there's many other clubs watching the world cup. Realistically we won't go for one of those players because our manager is like that. We'll be left with ye' old English youngsters.

What makes you think we hadnt seen him? Like i said iirc he played in germany then got a big money move to russia, he plays CL im sure ISM knows who he is

I hate this theory that if we dont sign a player its because we dont bother scouting them, ever stop to think that if i or you know who they are its pretty safe to assume a team of scouts know who they are

Are we actually going to sign anyone this summer? I know we're waiting on the WC to finish or atleast wait for england to come home but some clubs already have signed players out there. I just don't want us to loose out on any signings which we could've potentional done during the WC - its frustrating thats all.

The time to sign Honda was when he was playing in Holland for VVV-Venlo. But our scouts apparently aren't allowed outside of Britain. No way CSKA Moscow is going to sell him to anyone outside the massive clubs or a Man City/Spurs.

The time to sign Honda was when he was playing in Holland for VVV-Venlo. But our scouts apparently aren't allowed outside of Britain. No way CSKA Moscow is going to sell him to anyone outside the massive clubs or a Man City/Spurs.

Same again, we didnt sign him from venlo cos our scouts dont go abroad, why didnt spurs or city sign him from venlo then? Their scouts dont go abroad either? Utter bollocks

This is some crazy thinking but humour me for a minute. Have you thought that maybe he wasn't showing the required potential at the time to make him a viable signing? Also is he actually playing that well? Is he really the kind of player we should be after? He strikes me as someone who would definately fall into the category of a "World Cup" signing.

The time to sign Honda was when he was playing in Holland for VVV-Venlo. But our scouts apparently aren't allowed outside of Britain.

So what, did we bring in Arsenio Halfhuid from Doncaster or something then? And Guzan from Brighton & Hove maybe? Weimann from York?

I am too tired to come uop with any witty stuff, so I will be boring.

In all three games that Honda has really impressed me, seriously should be looking into this guy. Not on these 3 appearances, but if I was MON I would be tasking one of his team to start getting some videos out and seeing if he is this good usually.

We need one of these type players for both on and off pitch purposes.

I have always said on here - Park is probably the most under rated player at OT - and I wonder how many shirts he sells in the far east !

Are we actually going to sign anyone this summer? I know we're waiting on the WC to finish or atleast wait for england to come home but some clubs already have signed players out there. I just don't want us to loose out on any signings which we could've potentional done during the WC - its frustrating thats all.

Yes, we probably are going to sign some players this summer.

If we are after Keane (which does seem VERY likely) then we'd probably have to wait for Redknapp to get back from South Africa.

Also - We'll probably wait until after the WC to do any transfers because we need to see what will happen with Milner.

I'm sure MON, no matter how much some people probably don't believe it, has a list of different players that he'd like to buy and their respective estimated-prices.

There's no point us going out now and buying a striker for £8m if we then sell Milner and could have got a better option for a few million extra.

Be patent, is the key this summer (as it is for Villa fans most summers :()

I hate this theory that if we dont sign a player its because we dont bother scouting them, ever stop to think that if i or you know who they are its pretty safe to assume a team of scouts know who they are

Exactly. We haven't signed anyone from abroad because MON did not see the value, not because we have not looked.

As for for Joe Cole...no, just no. He could be on 30k and I still wouldn't take him. If Spurs sign him on loads of money it will be a good thing for us as they will probably play him more than he warrants.

The guy honda looks brilliant!

Yes, but don't forget the fact that Sorensen was the GK. Tommy was up to his old tricks I am afraid. He looked suspect on crosses and set pieces.

It will be interesting to see how Honda does as the WWC progresses.

If Honda can't speak fluent English he might find it difficult acclimatising to life with an English club.