Jez

Son to Spuds.

Really underrated player, theyve done well there tbf

Never seen him play, but the press is suggesting 22m, which seems a lot for a 23yr old with ~20goals in ~80 games.

How do you think he'll cope with premier league long ball land?

Ive followed the Bundesliga last few years and he's always stood out for me as a very decent attack minded player who will work hard with defensive duties too. Most impressive player in that Leverkusen side in the last couple of years especially 2013-14.

He's technically a very good finisher, and a nuisance in general. One of those right place, right time players. Its a lot of money but pretty much a standard amount for a goalscorer this day in age. 1 in 3 was his strikerate for Bayer which is not too shoddy.

I think he will do well unfortunately

• Like 1

So it looks like shortly Man City will have spent £110m on Sterling and De Bruyne. 

Both useful players but really, £110m on those pair? Incredible.

Wolfsburg describing the wages offered to Kevin are 'astonishing'.

But Manchester City can afford it. Their owners are in this for the glory and £110m to them is a drop in the bucket, they clearly feel they can beat FFP in the courts so they are going for it.  If those two signings see City establish themselves as a club who regularly makes it to the business end of the Champions League then it's mission accomplished. 

How is Son getting around the mandatory Korean Army rule that he has to serve for a minimum of 2 years? 

Living in Europe? 

oNObxMf.gif

I certainly have no idea how it works. Turning to the Telegraph:

7. He might have to disrupt his career to join the army

As a South Korean man, he is required to start 21 months of national service before he turns 28, which would seriously disrupt his footballing career and badly affect any sell-on value in future.

There could be a way out though. It has been reported that his stardom could could mean the Government let him off the hook, and he would also be exempted if he were to win Olympic gold for his country.

There may be some split loyalties in north London during the games next year.

So it looks like shortly Man City will have spent £110m on Sterling and De Bruyne. 

But Manchester City can afford it. Their owners are in this for the glory and £110m to them is a drop in the bucket, they clearly feel they can beat FFP in the courts so they are going for it.  If those two signings see City establish themselves as a club who regularly makes it to the business end of the Champions League then it's mission accomplished. 

Im very much "who cares what people are buying X for". Some guy on the internet saying some multi-billionaires spending X amount is incredible? they did just sign the #1 youngster in the world and 1 other very very highly rated midfielder whos only going to get better. To me, given inflation+oil+prem money it isnt crazy.

Edited by gharperr

Im very much "who cares what people are buying X for". Some guy on the internet saying some multi-billionaires spending X amount is incredible? they did just sign the #1 youngster in the world and 1 other very very highly rated midfielder whos only going to get better. To me, given inflation+oil+prem money it isnt crazy.

When did we sell Grealish? :D

Didnt know that existed but it is pretty much what i was thinking. u21. Pretty hard to find many players who is a starter in the first 11 for a  top 10 team itw and doesnt look out of place what so ever. If you was to put a numerical value on current ability and for potential. Think sterling would be pretty close to #1. He is 100% top 3

Edited by gharperr

Valdes move to Besiktas collapses. Wonder how much this one will cost United when all is said and done. Another LVG masterstroke..

How much are they paying him and DDG not to play? £1m pounds a month or so I'd guess.