Jez

850m spent, a record. Yet, there are some truly abysmal forward lines at many clubs. Arsenal, United, Spurs, Chelsea. Where are the fricking Neymar and Suarez calibre signings.

**** the TV deal,the Premier League is dead. Will be on its arse in 5 years.

Here's hoping...

• Like 1

What a weird transfer window. I'm more certain than ever that football has gone insane.

Wait till you read Man Utds statement about David De Gea :lol:

Hey, "Manchester United acts appropriately and efficiently in its transfer dealings." They said so. What more is there to dispute?

Edited by Plastic Man

850m spent, a record. Yet, there are some truly abysmal forward lines at many clubs. Arsenal, United, Spurs, Chelsea. Where are the fricking Neymar and Suarez calibre signings.

**** the TV deal,the Premier League is dead. Will be on its arse in 5 years.

It can't keep on the way it is. 

They've been saying that ever since Blackburn paid £5m for Chris Sutton and it hasn't shown any sign of collapse yet. The bubble will burst eventually but not any time soon and probably not within the duration of the careers of any player involved in the game professionally today.

• Like 1

Things are different now though, the money being spent is beyond stupid - and the fact that FFP keeps other teams at bay won't help. At some point those clubs are going to get fed up and at some point the money being spent will hit clubs hard. It cannot keep going like this.

Things are different now though, the money being spent is beyond stupid - and the fact that FFP keeps other teams at bay won't help. At some point those clubs are going to get fed up and at some point the money being spent will hit clubs hard. It cannot keep going like this.

But it will.

What a weird transfer window. I'm more certain than ever that football has gone insane.

Wait till you read Man Utds statement about David De Gea :lol:

Hey, "Manchester United acts appropriately and efficiently in its transfer dealings." They said so. What more is there to dispute?
It was more to do with the childish tit-for-tat exchange between the 2 biggest clubs in the world.

Berbatov has signed for PAOK in Greece lol. Thought he wanted another shot in England

Fair play to him.

I don't think we were ever interested myself. Sherwood once described him, though I paraphrase, as a dressing room cancer. Great player but can destroy a dressing room.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Merse has given his grades for everyone's transfer dealings. Bit of a laugh seeing as the worst grade he gave was a 'C' and that was to one team, Everton.  Everyone else gets anywhere from A+ to B-.

Arsenal : B

Aston Villa : B+

Bournemouth : B

Chelsea : B-

Crystal Palace : A+

Everton : C

Leicester : B-

Liverpool : A

Man City : B-

Man Utd : B-

Newcastle : B?

Norwich : B-

Southampton : B-

Stoke : B

Sunderland : B-

Swansea : A-

Tottenham : B-

Watford : B-

West Brom : B

West Ham : B

I'm sure Spurs, Arsenal & Man Utd fans might have something to say about their rankings.  Merse gets an E from me.  Must try harder, but is probably performing to his abilities.