Jez

I really hope Everton don't end up with a tonne of cash from selling Stones.

They could add some proper quality with £30m+.

You have to admire their transfer policy though

That club has been broke for years yet they always assemble a competitive squad with players they sell for vastly over inflated fees fellaini e.t.c

I think Holgate will be the next one they get big money for

That club has been broke for years yet they always assemble a competitive squad with players they sell for vastly over inflated fees fellaini e.t.c

Yeah I agree. Wonder how close we were to signing Holgate?

I will LOL if they sell him on deadline day and don't replace him.

I think he'll stay though. He's getting first team football with the Euros at the end of the season, and he's young enough to have more chances of going to a top club.

He'll play at Chelsea, and have the benefit of both learning from Terry and being able to keep an eye on him (not sure if he's got a missus)

Yep, there was another Everton clown on talkshite this morning lambasting the board and Kenwright for not spending money.

They are fast becoming my most hated fans.

Agree, apart from the fact that we are the biggest club in our city we are pretty much parallel to them

Their problem is that because they are media darlings they've had years of being told what a great club they are and how they are so close to the champions league and how every year they are competing...are they ****, the reality hasn't sunk in with them yet

I think he'll stay though. He's getting first team football with the Euros at the end of the season, and he's young enough to have more chances of going to a top club.

He'll play at Chelsea, and have the benefit of both learning from Terry and being able to keep an eye on him (not sure if he's got a missus)

And the benefit of a third mansion house he could buy for his family. Sure that will be the biggest driving factor

He'll play lots at Chelsea, think it's one if those rare ones where despite maybe not playing as much he'd still be better off at Chelsea, champions league, terry and Jose, better than playing every week in a Martinez defence, and he'd make the euros squad regardless, he's got the talent and more importantly the hype

Agree, apart from the fact that we are the biggest club in our city we are pretty much parallel to them

Their problem is that because they are media darlings they've had years of being told what a great club they are and how they are so close to the champions league and how every year they are competing...are they ****, the reality hasn't sunk in with them yet

In a way, it's precisely because of who is the biggest club in that city that I'd like to see Everton competing. If Thommo is an accurate representation of the typical Liverpool fan (Bickster can confirm) then it really goes down like a shit sandwich when Everton finish above plop :)

If they've any sense they'll be working on replacing him as we speak.

Spurs in talks to sign Son Heung-min according to the Beeb.

Good player. £22m. Berahino deal must be off (because he's coming here, obviously ;))

Yep, it's in the Grauniad too but they say Spuds still have a strong interest in Berahino.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/26/tottenham-son-heung-min-bayer-leverkusen

Tottenham Hotspur have made a move to sign South Korea’s Son Heung-min from Bayer Leverkusen in a deal that could be worth up to £22m (€30m).

The London club have been in talks with Leverkusen over the attacking midfielder, who tends to play off the left wing but can operate in any of the positions behind the striker.

Son was not a part of Leverkusen’s open training session on Tuesday, before Wednesday night’s Champions League play-off second-leg at home to Lazio and he was not selected for the game, either. Leverkusen officials initially explained Son’s absence on a bout of flu. However, sporting director Rudi Völler has confirmed that he had a medical at Tottenham, but maintained that no deal has yet been struck. “There is a request and there are talks. But nothing is done,” he said. “Son would not have played today anyway, he was sick at the weekend already. At this moment he is our player. I saw many medicals in this business where there was no deal afterwards.”

The buy-out clause in Son’s contract – which was worth €22.5m – expired in May, meaning that Leverkusen have been able to drive up the fee; €30m would represent a club record, eclipsing the €21m [£18m] they received from Chelsea for André Schürrle in 2013. Son was signed from Hamburg for €10m that summer to replace Schürrle.

The 23-year-old is not only Asia’s footballer of the year but also one of the pin-up boys of its football. He is the face of several blue-chip brands including LG Electronics, the South Korean company who agreed to become Leverkusen’s shirt sponsors after he signed from Hamburg. LG agreed a three-year deal worth €6m a year. It would not renew if Son left.

Son has excelled at Leverkusen and he has been tracked by several English clubs, with Liverpool heavily linked with him in May. He has always wanted to play in the Premier League and Tottenham are primed to grant him his wish.

Tottenham retain a strong interest in the West Bromwich Albion striker Saido Berahino, for whom they have had bids of £18m and £22m rejected, and they are trying to offload the winger Erik Lamela.

Would say that it's a story aimed at putting pressure on peace, accept the offer or we'll look elsewhere, but then the cooler comments are interesting

Baggies fans at work today are convinced that the overall figure would be accepted but spurs are only paying them something daft like £5m upfront and then various other payments and bonuses to make up the rest

Son is only 23, but he is no where near worth that value. He is an excellent utility player considering he can play multiple positions, but I really think Spurs could find the same player for 1/3 of the price, but that essentially sums up Spurs's purchases doesn't it?