Jez

I think it's all about squad building for Barcelona. As amazing as their first XI is, they dont have the bench of a Real Madrid or a Manchester United. Sanchez is quite similar to what they have already up front the same as Fabregas is quite similar to what they already have in midfield. I guess Barcelona have decided that instead of having options to go to a plan B or plan C (something I think Ibrahimovic was supposed to have been) they have decided that plan A is so **** unstoppable that having top quality like for like replacements is the way to go.

Getafe president Angel Torres, accompanied by the sporting director of the entity Mallard, Toni Muñoz, are people this morning at the offices of the Santiago Bernabeu to negotiate the release of Pedro Leon.

Getafe want Pedro Leon again.. RM have put a price of 8M euros according to AS..

The player does not fit into Mourinho's plans and has been offered to several clubs in Spain and England.

I wonder if we was offered him?

Fair play

Mariano Pavone thought he was joining Blackburn but now he's ready to join Swansea and he doesn't care a great deal about the lower wages. Which is nice.

His agent said: "Mariano has been left in limbo because of the Blackburn situation. He just needs to go to a club where he will have a chance to play and Swansea could be that platform.

"If it was just about money, he would not go to Swansea. But I'm a believer that there is more to football than just money. If the difference is only 10p elsewhere then the player will go to Swansea."

I think it's all about squad building for Barcelona. As amazing as their first XI is, they dont have the bench of a Real Madrid or a Manchester United. Sanchez is quite similar to what they have already up front the same as Fabregas is quite similar to what they already have in midfield. I guess Barcelona have decided that instead of having options to go to a plan B or plan C (something I think Ibrahimovic was supposed to have been) they have decided that plan A is so **** unstoppable that having top quality like for like replacements is the way to go.

thats what i was thinking, if someone is injured or out of form they dont have to change their shape or style, just seemed alot of money for someone who for at a guess 50% of the season wont start...

...one the main reasons I follow barca now

I was going to mock you by saying the other reason is that you're a paella-munching glory supporter... then I remembered what forum this was. :(

Apparently Barcelona have a buy-back clause in Bojan's Roma contract; they can resign him for €13m at the end of the season after next. Roma can remove the clause from his contract, but this would force the total cost of the transfer to €40m.

...one the main reasons I follow barca now

I was going to mock you by saying the other reason is that you're a paella-munching glory supporter... then I remembered what forum this was. :(

nah my step dad took me to see wolves vs barca in 98, iirc nadal, Enrique, pep played sonny Anderson scored a hattrick and I met some of the players outside including luis Enrique and I've liked them ever since, been over a few times too! So IMO it's not glory hunting I have a reason :P

nah my step dad took me to see wolves vs barca in 98, iirc nadal, Enrique, pep played sonny Anderson scored a hattrick and I met some of the players outside including luis Enrique and I've liked them ever since, been over a few times too! So IMO it's not glory hunting I have a reason :P

Nice! :thumb:

It could always be worse v4e, you could also be a **** Dortm... oh hi Trog!

Galatasaray have gone and got Melo on loan.

Felipe Melo, the man cast as the villain when Brazil were knocked out of the World Cup in the quarter-finals last year, has been loaned from Juventus to Galatasaray, the Serie A club said on Friday.

Juventus said the Turkish club would pay them 1.5 million euros (2.15 million dollars) for a one-year loan with an option to buy the 28-year-old for 13 million euros.

His departure came one day after Chilean midfielder Arturo Vidal, who like Felipe Melo is a tough tackler but is considered more refined than the Brazilian on the ball, confirmed he was joining Juventus.

Eurosport Article.

Their plan A is so **** unstoppable, but so **** reliant on Messi. If he is out for a few months, they will need a plan B. I'm not sure Sanchez offers that.

Quality player though from what (little) I've seen though.