The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Derryvillan said:

Just seen that Sky have got the rights to show the Bundesliga for the next 4 seasons.Something for the weekends since they gave up on La Liga a couple of years ago.

Yeah just saw that myself this morning. Pretty good for sky. Problem is most of the games clash with the PL games I think which isn’t that good? Either way I’ll watch it more now.

Opening game is Borussia Moenchengladbach vs Bayern Munich on Friday 13th. Clashes with the Brentford - Arsenal opener in the PL. Both pretty interesting games.

I've got genuine qualms this season.  I've got a lot of time for Hütter, but our usually reliable recruitment was sorely lacking last season and has been disastrous thus far (Rose inexplicably awarding Hannes Wolf enough games to trigger a mandatory transfer seems like the parting indignation).  Koné who was due to come in and give the midfield a sorely needed boost has done his MCL without kicking a competitive ball, Bensebaini's out which means Wendt is going to be an even bigger miss unless Luca Netz hits the ground running.  Only reprieves have been talk that Ginter and Neuhaus might be staying put for the meantime.  Mooted big money move for Thuram to Spurs hasn't materialised yet, which I'm hoping means other clubs show interest so we don't get hung out to dry on a Levy special.

10 hours ago, sne said:

St. Pauli beat Hamburger SV 3 - 2 in the Hamburg derby in 2:e Bundesliga. only 10 000 in the stadium sadly due to Covid 

Oh, that is beautiful. 

Huge respect for the man. One of the best strikers in the history of football. A bit of a nemesis in terms scoring in the 3-2 come back in 1970 against England and scoring the winner against the beautiful total football of the Dutch in the 1974 world cup final. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Did some Wikipedia scouting to get the numbers

487 goals in 555 club games, including 398 in 453 for bayern

68 goals in 62 West Germany games 

Won 4 leagues, 4 cups, 3 European cups, 1 cup winners cup, 1 World Cup, 1 euros 

Scored a goal in a euros final, world cup final, 2 European Cup finals and 2 Cup finals 

His goal stats stands up against anyone's in world football 

In an era where football was more tough than today's standards

One player I'd love to have seen in he's prime

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sne said:

16 y.o Youssoufa Moukoko starting alongside Haaland in attack for Dortmund against Bayern in the Super Cup.

I know it’s a racist trope that I’m absolutely not intending to perpetuate, but he looks much older than he is!

10 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I know it’s a racist trope that I’m absolutely not intending to perpetuate, but he looks much older than he is!

Well he does turn 17 in a few months :D

• Haha 1

Â