The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

45 minutes ago, BOF said:

Seems a long time since @AVFC_Hitz & I were bantering about Union and Kaiserslautern in the 2.Bundesliga. How both clubs have gone in different directions since. Congrats on qualifying for Europe Hitz. It was a long wait which makes it all the sweeter.

Yeah, it made it a good weekend! 2012, Christ. I thought I'd lost my Union top from long ago but as usual it turned up as I was looking for something else. It fits better, now I've lost a bit of timber.

• Like 1

Haaland named fan player of the year by Bundesliga fans ahead of Lewandowski :crylaugh:

Fantastic talent but he finished behind Andre Silva in the scoring chart ffs :D 

On 25/05/2021 at 14:17, Silent_Bob said:

Hansi Flick, or Hans Dieter Flick, has been confirmed as new national coach of Germany. 

I guess he would like to be addressed as Herr Flick from now on. 

There aren’t enough Allo, Allo! references these days. Have a like! 

13 hours ago, sne said:

Haaland named fan player of the year by Bundesliga fans ahead of Lewandowski :crylaugh:

Seriously, what's the guy got to do? And the year he's locked on for the Ballon d'Or? Cancelled due to pandemic.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sne said:

Fantastic talent but he finished behind Andre Silva in the scoring chart ffs :D 

I think Lewandowski deserved it, but it's a lot harder to score a goal a match for Dortmund and E.F. than it is playing for Bayern. A lot a lot.

13 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think Lewandowski deserved it, but it's a lot harder to score a goal a match for Dortmund and E.F. than it is playing for Bayern. A lot a lot.

Even harder for Andre Silva at Frankfurt. Still absolutly ridiculous to not give it to Lewandowski 

1 hour ago, JamieZ said:

Seriously, what's the guy got to do? And the year he's locked on for the Ballon d'Or? Cancelled due to pandemic.

Not play for bayern... 

Its a fan vote, I wouldn't vote for a utd or Liverpool player 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Even harder for Andre Silva at Frankfurt. Still absolutly ridiculous to not give it to Lewandowski 

I agree, but some may argue 26 goals in 27 matches is more impressive than 28 in 34.

I'm a bit on the fence about that

1 hour ago, JamieZ said:

It’s a public vote. If everything from Brexit to Boaty McBoatface should have taught us anything it’s that the public are at best irrational and at worst, idiots. 

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I agree, but some may argue 26 goals in 27 matches is more impressive than 28 in 34.

28 in 32.

But as mentioned it's all about Lewandowski playing for Bayern.

22 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

It’s a public vote. If everything from Brexit to Boaty McBoatface should have taught us anything it’s that the public are at best irrational and at worst, idiots. 

To be fair I thought that was utterly brilliant. Wish I was funny enough to suggest it.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Lewandowski got 41 in 28, no matter what team you play for thats incredible 

I bet if Ronaldo or Messi had similar seasons be no issue giving them the award

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lewandowski got 41 in 28, no matter what team you play for thats incredible 

I bet if Ronaldo or Messi had similar seasons be no issue giving them the award

You are talking like I've said otherwise.

Bundesliga 2 would be insane if they went down, Koln, Hamburg,  Bremen and Schalke all in it! And likes of Hannover are reasonably sized club.

Bundesliga 2 would have bigger average attendances than some of major european leagues if we can get back to normal quickly.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Bundesliga 2 would be insane if they went down, Koln, Hamburg,  Bremen and Schalke all in it! And likes of Hannover are reasonably sized club.

Bundesliga 2 would have bigger average attendances than some of major european leagues if we can get back to normal quickly.

Nuremburg and dusseldorf too with dresden and rostock getting promoted from the 3rd

5 stadiums with 50k+ capacity 

Say this fully aware that one of the catalysts for Gladbach's resurgence was winning one of them ~a decade ago but I really hate the idea of relegation/promotion play-offs.  A team that was consistently great over the course of a campaign shouldn't have to then prove themselves in a supplementary "cup final" against a team that was consistently gubbins over the course of a campaign.  It's nonsense.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
Â