The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

Nice farewells for Sami Khedira, Lukasz Piszczek and David Alaba who all get's subbed off and applauded.

Not so nice farewell for Werder Bremen. Would have wanted them to stay up if I'm honest.

And Lewandowski finally gets his goal. What a fantastic player.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

Schalke and Werder Bremen down, and it's hard to argue they don't absolutely deserve it. They've both been positively dire.

Werder only managing 1 point from their final 10 games is abysmal.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Werder only managing 1 point from their final 10 games is abysmal.

They remind me too much of us the year we finally went down. That club has a lot to sort out.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

Schalke and Werder Bremen down, and it's hard to argue they don't absolutely deserve it. They've both been positively dire.

Did schalke end the worst team ever? They were in track for it, been down figuratively before xmas

None of the "big" teams look like they'll make it out of bundesliga 2 either so next season could be schalke, Bremen HSV, dusseldorf, nuremberg, it koln lose the playoff that's an interesting league 

Weeder played hardball for Rashica then he barely plays/contributes when fit, they barely improve their squad and now go down. Rashica will probably go on the cheap now as well.

A decision they will probably regret. Interesting as a lot of Bremen fans wanted to sell so they could strengthen their team as a whole.

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Did schalke end the worst team ever? They were in track for it, been down figuratively before xmas

I don't think so. So I think they even missed out on that. They're just really, really bad.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Nice to see Oscar Wendt getting a run out for Borussia Moenchengladbach in his final game before moving back home to IFK Göteborg. Please don't get injured now.

He hath certainly entered my pantheon of beloved defensive Swedes along Patrik Andersson and Mellberg.  Think he's pretty much the last of the Favre-resurgence-era to move on now.

Anywho, 'Gladbach's season in a nutshell:

May be an image of text that says "r/fohlenelf Posted by u/xXTukiXx Thuram 3d i.redd.it 29 dropped points... oc WHY CAN'TIHO B ALL THESE LEADS? lip com 4 Share Add Addco comment"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Yeah, another 200 plus page thread on Rashica incoming... 

Hide contents

Will seriously consider blocking whoever starts it 🤣

Nah, he's really coming this time, I can eel it.

• Haha 1

On 20/07/2012 at 09:55, BOF said:

It's important to get an easy fixture just to ease yourself in. Union @ the Betze? Pff.

On 20/07/2012 at 15:11, AVFC_Hitz said:

Seems a long time since @AVFC_Hitz & I were bantering about Union and Kaiserslautern in the 2.Bundesliga. How both clubs have gone in different directions since. Congrats on qualifying for Europe Hitz. It was a long wait which makes it all the sweeter.

Â