The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

8 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

So what are BVB supposed to do?

It'll be interesting to see how they do with Rose. Seems a better fit than Favre for the club. It'll be very difficult to put up any sort of challenge to Bayern without CL qualification, considering they'd most likely lose some of their better players. I imagine Sancho will leave either way though - unfortunately for less money than was possible last summer - but they'll be hoping to keep the likes of Haaland, Reyna etc. and invest some money in the defence. Akanji just isn't quite good enough and I wonder if they'll look to replace Hummels if they can shift him.

Surely got to get a proper keeper in, Burki has at long last been dropped but the replacement has been making errors aswell.

Dortmund remind me so much of Liverpool around 2017, incredible attacking potential but let down by sunday league errors in defence.

If they hadn't got Rose from 'Gladbach I'd have said Yann Sommer would be a smart pick up, vast experience and probably one of most underrated keepers in europe.

34 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Surely got to get a proper keeper in, Burki has at long last been dropped but the replacement has been making errors aswell.

Dortmund remind me so much of Liverpool around 2017, incredible attacking potential but let down by sunday league errors in defence.

If they hadn't got Rose from 'Gladbach I'd have said Yann Sommer would be a smart pick up, vast experience and probably one of most underrated keepers in europe.

Bürki's been injured but yes, ideally he'd be replaced too. I think what's in front of him is a bigger issue though personally.

I agree that Sommer is underrated. He's not very tall (for a keeper) buy a great shot stopper and has good feet. Has the odd mistake in him too but so do most. Definitely better than Bürki but I don't imagine Gladbach would let him go cheap.

1 hour ago, Troglodyte said:

So what are BVB supposed to do?

It'll be interesting to see how they do with Rose. Seems a better fit than Favre for the club. It'll be very difficult to put up any sort of challenge to Bayern without CL qualification, considering they'd most likely lose some of their better players. I imagine Sancho will leave either way though - unfortunately for less money than was possible last summer - but they'll be hoping to keep the likes of Haaland, Reyna etc. and invest some money in the defence. Akanji just isn't quite good enough and I wonder if they'll look to replace Hummels if they can shift him.

I have no problen with Dortmund strategy more a go at the media narrative. When Bayern signed Upamecano last week all the media said typical Bundesliga that Bayern always raiding the rivals. Dortmund have done it more regularly in the last decade or so and was no mention of it

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

10 man Bayern (early red for Alphonso Davies) running riot against Stuttgart 3-0 up with Lewandowski scoring twice. All goals after the red card. That's 34 in 25 games so far for Lewandowski in the league :o

Haaland has scored for Dortmund once so far for Dortmund today and is sitting on a pathetic 20 goals in 21 games in the league :D 

Edit: Yellow card on Boateng so both him and Davies will now miss the game against RB Leipzig.

Oh. and Lewandowski now has a hattrick.

Edited by sne

6 goals off Gerd Mullers 50 year old record 

For context the last player to score more than 34 in England was Ron Davies in 66/67 and we play more games per season

Almost like Ronaldo and messi made it sound normal but its really not 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

I'm trying to equate what Schalke going down will be like in English terms.   I guess as a club they are on a par with Villa/Everton/Spurs in terms of size and history, but Schalke have been regular qualifiers for the Champions League for a  fifteen years, they got to the Champions League semi finals in 2011 and  finished 2nd in the Bundesliga three years ago.  It's basically like Spurs going down isn't it? 

• Like 2

Worse than that, got a great stadium, good support but it's not a big city or popular part of the country 

City of 260k people but sell out a 60k seater stadium every week and are the 2nd biggest club in Germany in terms of members, not sure who that can be compared to in England, imagine forest sustaining their success and growing in to a proper powerhouse, that's the kind of what schalke are but like you say schalke have enjoyed the CL and all its riches yet still capitulated like this 

Hamburg are pretty much villa, schalke are something special, its like the 3rd richest club in the country with the 3rd largest fan base about to set the record for worst season ever 

Theyre bigger than spurs, its more like arsenal or Chelsea 

Edited by villa4europe

Gelsenkirchen is right in the middle of one of the most densely populated regions in Europe. The Ruhr valley is comparable to London in terms of how many people live there. Saying Schalke are based in a small city is like saying Arsenal are in based a small city because you only want to count the population of Islington.  

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Worse than that, got a great stadium, good support but it's not a big city or popular part of the country 

City of 260k people but sell out a 60k seater stadium every week and are the 2nd biggest club in Germany in terms of members, not sure who that can be compared to in England, imagine forest sustaining their success and growing in to a proper powerhouse, that's the kind of what schalke are but like you say schalke have enjoyed the CL and all its riches yet still capitulated like this 

Hamburg are pretty much villa, schalke are something special, its like the 3rd richest club in the country with the 3rd largest fan base about to set the record for worst season ever 

Theyre bigger than spurs, its more like arsenal or Chelsea 

I'm going to go with Arsenal, for my part—which isn't as inconceivable as it would have been a few years ago.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, sne said:

Reminds me of the old days of Colombia in the world cup, where if players didn't do well they would be killed.

But are we sure this video is exactly this and not a game of kiss chase?

Â