The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Gnabry with a solid game. 3 goals and 2 assist.

Lewandowski only has 2 so far

Yet the  genius Tony Pulis didn't rate him.

Gnabry not Lewandowski though he probably wouldn't rate him either 

• Like 1

Just now, NoelVilla said:

Don't agree. Bayern is not much better if it's the sponsoring companies you mean.

Got no love for Bayern either.

But aren’t they at least 50+1? 

Everything RB can get in the sea. 

2 hours ago, El Zen said:

Got no love for Bayern either.

But aren’t they at least 50+1? 

Everything RB can get in the sea. 

Look at the 49% for bayern and who actually owns them

Allianz the stadium sponsors, Adidas the kit sponsors and Audi the sleeve sponsor, the motor partner and subs bench sponsor

Etihad reportedly pay Man City £67.5m a year for the shirt sponsor and stadium deal - bayerns 3 main owners put in £100m, Audi pay them 50m€ of that 

Bayern are in so deep that people can't even see what they are, seemingly no one ever talks about it 

Just now, villa4europe said:

Look at the 49% for bayern and who actually owns them

Allianz the stadium sponsors, Adidas the kit sponsors and Audi the sleeve sponsor, the motor partner and subs bench sponsor

Etihad reportedly pay Man City £67.5m a year for the shirt sponsor and stadium deal - bayerns 3 main owners put in £100m, Audi pay them 50m€ of that 

Bayern are in so deep that people can't even see what they are, seemingly no one ever talks about it 

Again, no love for Bayern. But again, they are 50+1? Which, if they are, make them just a trifle more palatable than RB. 

Just now, El Zen said:

Again, no love for Bayern. But again, they are 50+1? Which, if they are, make them just a trifle more palatable than RB. 

But the 50+1 imo means nothing when the 49 is pumping an insane amount of money in to the club which creates so much disparity that bayern win the league 10 years in a row, there's nothing positive or better about bayern 

Everyone booing red bulls ownership model whilst bayerns owners slowly kill off the bundesliga thanks to their money 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

But the 50+1 imo means nothing when the 49 is pumping an insane amount of money in to the club which creates so much disparity that bayern win the league 10 years in a row, there's nothing positive or better about bayern 

Everyone booing red bulls ownership model whilst bayerns owners slowly kill off the bundesliga thanks to their money 

This definitely wasn’t meant to lead down a path where I end up defending Bayern. I was emphatically saying an «f RB Leipzig!», not an «f RB Leipzig and yey Bayern!» 

It’s just that RB are a) actively mocking the German membership model and b) part of a group that has committed unspeakable crimes against football. 

Which means they should be nowhere near the professional end of the German club football pyramid, let alone the higher echelons of European football. Bayern can go do one for all I care, but I recognise their right to be part of the league. 

22 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Hertha haven't had many victories this season, so I'm going to enjoy the 3-2 defeat of Dortmund. Just a shame that the title race is already over.

They are a terrible team. Saw them live recently and was League 1 level

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Max Eberl just announced he's stepping down as Sporting Director at 'Gladbach.  He's got to carry the can for a lot of awful decisions over the last few seasons but that is absolutely huge news, he's been with the club since 1999, has been in the SD post since 2008 and was a large part of the club's resurgence.

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Potentially huge result for Werder Bremen today in the 2nd Bundesliga away to Schalke 04 winning 4-1 and passing them at the top of the table with 3 games to play.

Bayern with 10 league wins in a row

At least the tickets are cheap... 

The crazy thing is that no one seems overly bothered by it, there's no hatred of them like there is for Liverpool, utd, City etc maybe because from my experience there's also far less glory hunting fans but the apathy towards it all is pretty stark

Â