Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Very frustrating indeed. Do the hardwork then struggle with the middle order - again. Not denying Pant and Jadeja batted well but when it's 99-5 at one point and then finishes 416 all out :bang:

Also, Kohli is shit.

4 hours ago, theunderstudy said:

England letting a middle order run away with the score again, there's a shocker. Pant and Jadeja far more dynamic than Mitchell and Blundell but the same headache. When you've got India 5 down for around 100 you've got to really press that advantage home. Happened 4/4 times under Stokes now so wondering if it's his captaincy decisions. Top order getting skittled for little and then the middle order making huge runs is becoming his sides signature, for both fielding and Batting 

I'm convinced it's something to do with this ball. 

Same pattern in pretty much every innings this season.  Ball is totally unplayable for 30-40 overs then has absolutely nothing in it to test batters. 

The trick seems to have been to lose less wickets than your opponents in that dangerous phase so you have enough in hand when the runs start flowing to get an even bigger score than them. 

The openers are so shit, it actually makes me angry. Burns and Sibley were better and thats not saying much.

Might as well play 2 more bowlers and use them as **** openers. They'd probably get more runs and and least offer something else. 

Edited by Xela

5 down for under 100. Still 350+ behind. I don't think I want to see Broad in an England shirt again but can't see him getting dropped. Crawley and Lees are just the **** worst, and this innings defeat might be the reality check we need to get some of these idiots out of the side. 

And if we can never ever send a night-watchman in again that would be nice 

India are going to do to England what New Zealand threatened to do a few times. We managed to get out of that before but India being better have knocked off those extra runs NZ couldn’t and won't let out batters get away like we have in the previous 3 tests. 

1 hour ago, chappy said:

image.jpeg.2fa4a9bd77ae3a398cd426d2aa5787b7.jpeg

We could play 3 innings here and would only be 50 ahead of India's first innings total 

16 hours ago, Xela said:

The openers are so shit, it actually makes me angry. Burns and Sibley were better and thats not saying much.

And now Warks are letting Sibley go to Surrey. Can't understand that   -unless he was determined to leave; anybody know ?

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

Stokes can **** off with this approach. So **** stupid.

I'm inclined to agree.

Should save the swashbuckling for when we are NOT 300 behind.

You only need to look at Bairstows innings and see that you can be positive and still not try and throw away your wicket every ball. Stokes batting is awful

Â