Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

54 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Best part of the whole game was a loud rendition to SOTV, apparently...according to another forum anyway....they'd probably been drinking in town before the game I guess 🤨

Yea I heard that as I was walking into the Hollies for the Bears innings.

I sat in the West Stand for the start of the Hampshire Innings and a family of 5 came in wearing their blues shirts. :lol: 

Imagine thinking anyone gives a shit about you wearing the colours of an entirely different team at the cricket - thick as a shite that has been thickened by industrial thickeners.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Surrey at 187-8 today and Will Jacks kinda thought , **** it might as well have a slog , Surrey end on 319  ,  Jacks  hit his last 50 runs off 16 balls , hitting  23 and then 25 off consecutive overs

4 day cricket is turning into 1 day cricket !! 

• Like 3

Terrible terrible result for The Bears. Finished the first innings with a 60 run lead and ended up losing by 177 runs. 

Their title defence is turning into an absolute embarrassing mess. 

Dom Sibley going back to Surrey next year, the future looks pretty bleak. 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Terrible terrible result for The Bears. Finished the first innings with a 60 run lead and ended up losing by 177 runs. 

Their title defence is turning into an absolute embarrassing mess. 

Dom Sibley going back to Surrey next year, the future looks pretty bleak. 

Agree with the first 2 lines, but Sibley hasn’t been performing and with Woakes and Stone and Brookes missing a lot, injured and Brennan having retired, last seasons young squad has not had much in the way of experience to guide them. Last year wasn’t a fluke, it was deserved, but it was highly unlikely to be anywhere near repeated, IMO.

I dunno if there’s been more focus on the ground development and the Hundred than the actual team from those in charge of the club.

Don’t like to criticise them for getting out after big shots because they back themselves to clear the ropes… but….

Livingstone 6 6 6 4 W

Curran 4 4 6 W

after such good starts to the over just rotate it and be in for the rest of the innings surely!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chappy said:

Don’t like to criticise them for getting out after big shots because they back themselves to clear the ropes… but….

Livingstone 6 6 6 4 W

Curran 4 4 6 W

after such good starts to the over just rotate it and be in for the rest of the innings surely!

Stokes is bad for this, gets excited after a couple of boundaries and gets out.

Who the **** is "S Northeast" of Glamorgan?

Scored 410 not out off 450 balls against Leicestershire, with 45 fours and three sixes.

That's one hell of a knock.

33 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Scored 410 not out off 450 balls against Leicestershire, with 45 fours and three sixes.

Yes hes been around a long time. Remember seeing him play many times for Kent 

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Sam Northeast. Was linked with an England call up a few years back

Shame Glamorgan are still involved in the promotion race in Division 2 otherwise they should have seen if he could have gone on and beaten Lara's 501

• 3 weeks later...

If England are going to persist with the ‘bazball’ approach then I guess there will be occasional scores of 150 or less, hopefully only occasional though, any more regularity and it’ll be back to drawing boards again.

I’ve got tickets for day 4 of the next test (Old Trafford), chances of it even reaching day 4? 

Â