Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Idiot cricket, Test match cricket and 20/20 are completely different sports. The New Zealand test was fun, but this isn’t the way.

**** idiots  

The Bears really seriously messed up their last couple of overs there. Could well have lost the match at the end of their innings. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

The Bears really seriously messed up their last couple of overs there. Could well have lost the match at the end of their innings. 

Yep, that's pretty much how it played out.   Not helped by some poor bowling at the death, but if they hadn't fannied about getting run outs looking for silly singles instead of waiting for the next good ball they would probably have got those extra few runs they needed. 

• Like 1

10 short batting. Actually was impressed by the bowling there, it’s the best we’ve looked defending all season against a team of decent calibre. 

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

This has turned into a classic

Looking good so far. 

He says, expecting an instant batting collapse. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

So we got to over 100 before our first wicket.  Add to that the guaranteed 100+ from Jonny Bairstow we might be in with a chance 😆

Tea came at the right time for England as India were getting into gear with that wicket.

But great opening partnership, get to the end of today with only 2 wickets to fall tops AND we can really get a record Edgbaston chase!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Pivotal session in the outcome of this match (and series).

me and my big mouth. Kiss of death with Pope gone with the first ball of the session 🙄

New ball brings 3 wickets (2 directly). Collapse incoming but the umpires need to get a grip of this. England New Zealand and India all clamouring for constant ball changes. India should not be getting a newer ball 20 overs in

6 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

New ball brings 3 wickets (2 directly). Collapse incoming but the umpires need to get a grip of this. England New Zealand and India all clamouring for constant ball changes. India should not be getting a newer ball 20 overs in

Absolutely. All 3 teams bemoaned the Dukes ball due to their inability to get a batsman out with the old ball.

the run out was pathetic by root, so harsh on lees. Second time being run out by his partner this summer. Maybe Lees needs to be more assertive and stand up for himself. Crawley exceeded my expectations so I can't be too angry he left one to be bowled. Pope was a batter who was still getting settled against Bumrah who isn't half bad. 

Anyway, I wish thye would calm down. They have time, just need to frustrate the bowlers for half an hour, and they'll be able to be aggressively positive without being thick. 

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

He says, expecting an instant batting collapse. 

Not the world's most difficult prediction I must admit. 

These balls with the increased tanning (so they look more red on TV) swing like the Hamilton's until about 20 overs in and then do absolutely **** all.

We've got to learn seeing the new ball out.  

It's the reason Bairstow is having such a good summer. 

• Like 2

Â