Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

55 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

brilliant!

Oh my God :crylaugh:

What a day.  How the **** this all happened I have no idea.  There must have been loads of people watching out of curiosity having never seen the sport before wondering what was going on.  So many totally bonkers moments I can barely comprehend.  

17 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Quite simply one of the best sporting moments I can recall. Feel for anyone that didn’t rejoice in that win today, could be a while before England are world champions in a major sport again so gonna enjoy it.

Aside from Villa I've never been so nervous, or celebrated any sporting event as much as that today. 

Absolutely remarkable. 

2 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I was eating Rice Krispies in my pants when this game started 

How on earth did the Rice Krispies get in your pants? 

• Haha 2

Just now, mjmooney said:

How on earth did the Rice Krispies get in your pants? 

I always forget about the overflow factor with those buoyant buggers.

Ate a few out of my slipper too. 

We looked down and out several times today, but we weren't quite.

What a fantastic, thrilling, cardiac arrest inducing finish to a game of cricket!

Some will rightly say that cricket was the winner today, but the record books will show that it was England!

You have to feel sorry for New Zealand, but I far prefer that, to them feeling sorry for us!

Cricket doesn't get better than that. We are sitting on top of the world tonight! 🌎

• Like 1

Not a fan of cricket but I watched a lot of it today, pretty interesting. I never thought cricket could be exciting!

Why were there so many empty seats? Surely this would have been a sell out?

I started off feeling a bit frustrated with this final. The Lords atmosphere was quiet and reserved compared with Edgbaston, and the conditions seemed totally stacked against the batsmen.

In the end that added to the epic quality of the match, though. Think it will take a long time for it to sink in. There were so many little moments of extreme brilliance under pressure - right up to Jason Roy's flawless pickup and throw for the match-winning runout.

Just an amazing contest. Got to feel for New Zealand.

• Like 1

What an astonishing game. We were down and out once Buttler went, but I've never seen anything like those last two overs. Trust England to make it literally as difficult as they possibly could have!

I've aged about 15 years overnight.

• Like 1

Â