Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

...and we lost by 7 runs. Bottom of the table on rain :D

Worcs could everyone else a favour in Div2 by beating Gloucs this week in the CC. A win and they're keeping pace with Glamorgan. Worcs win and you're right in the promotion mix.

37 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Worcs could everyone else a favour in Div2 by beating Gloucs this week in the CC. A win and they're keeping pace with Glamorgan. Worcs win and you're right in the promotion mix.

Get promoted so we can get relegated again! Happened 6 times to us I think since the leagues were split in 2000?

I'm not a fan of the 2 division format at all - has it been beneficial to the game at all? 

Shame it was a wash out last night at New Road - was a sell out as well. Small counties rely on games like these for revenue. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

...and we lost by 7 runs. Bottom of the table on rain :D

I looked at the Northants team last night and didn't recognise a single name! I could probably recite the mid 90's team though from memory when I was a 100% cricket nerd (my Playfair annual went with me most places!)

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Shame it was a wash out last night at New Road - was a sell out as well. Small counties rely on games like these for revenue.

I'm not sure Warwickshire's cut of the gate would have been that big. ;)

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Xela said:

I looked at the Northants team last night and didn't recognise a single name! I could probably recite the mid 90's team though from memory when I was a 100% cricket nerd (my Playfair annual went with me most places!)

There's a couple of times this year I've not known a name in the line ups myself! Injuries among the bowlers led to loaning players and fielding them before any press releases and so on (Coles, Wood).

3 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

There's a couple of times this year I've not known a name in the line ups myself! Injuries among the bowlers led to loaning players and fielding them before any press releases and so on (Coles, Wood).

A long way from the days of Ambrose, Taylor, Curran and Capel! 

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Curtley and Allan Lamb are basically the reason I went with them. Great days.

Sacrilege !!!!! you missed David Steele ! ( A Stokie  by the way). Won his weight in meat from a Hanley butchers  - so the story goes .

Edited by veloman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, veloman said:

Sacrilege !!!!! you missed David Steele ! ( A Stokie  by the way). Won his weight in meat from a Hanley butchers  - so the story goes .

Wasn't it something like every run up to 50 he got a pork chop, above 50 he got a steak cut 😁

• Like 1

23 hours ago, veloman said:

"The bank clerk who went to war"!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Well I thought England’s top 3 looked wafer thin...I’m downgrading the assessment to paper thin! Being reduced to 36-3 against a couple of plodders doesn’t bode well for the summer. 

36-3 looking like a good start now.

• Haha 1

Â