What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

I think City should pay through the nose for Milner. Look at what they spent on Robinho. Around £30 mill or so. In Milner they will get a player that they know is accustomed and suited to English football. He has performed well over a number of years and he still has his best years ahead of him. Also, Robinho was a statement of intent for them. A "show them we've got the money" kind of deal. Everyone knows they can pay just about any amount gor any player and field about 17 reserve teams that all would be capable of winning the PL (if it were only down to spending power). Everyone knows they are disgustingly rich, and prices go up accordingly. I say we should demand £35 mill at least or tell them to **** off.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Warnock and Dunne both had their say about this potential Man City transfer. Both clearly say higher level, clearly referring to the champs league, neither feels that Man City is the right move, although the press have tried to slant Warnocks words. I'm sure that Milner will think the same. It's Chelsea, Man United or he stays at Villa. He might sign a new contract with a fee release clause if either of those two come in for him. I cannot see him going to citeh unless MON and Randy see a swap deal as a good option.

They don't sound too confident of him staying though do they.

Fair point but I think they both have warned against the grass not being greener and sitting on the bench more often. They both accepted that big money might talk too.

We, as a club love Milner - because he plays at a level slightly above our station whilst putting in more effort than the rest of the team put together. I personally dont think hes worth some of the values being touted around, however. Form and Value is such a fragile thing. One year Ireland is the premierships best youngster, the next hes putting in a transfer request. Contrast the perceived value over time of a player like Anderson, or Berbatov. Worth £20-£30m one day, next to nothing within only 12/24 months. Whilst i'd rather he didnt go, if he has to go, the right time is now, such is the interest in young Jimmy. IF (big if) we could get Ireland plus £20m i think we'd be laughing, because the truth is that the 2, on their day are fairly comparable. Milner is certainly not 3 times the player Ireland is.

I fear for Young Jimmy as an individual. Clearly hes going to be tempted by these offers, but if Man City are going to be signing players like himself, Arteta and so on, then they really wont be making much improvement as a team for next season. You can also guarantee that if they did make Champions league, they'd be making yet more wholesale changes and Jimmy could add himself to the huge list of players looking to get out of the club. Oh, and he wont be playing central midfield every week if he does go there.

Ireland+Bellamy+Richards+ SWP... No cash...

Interesting, do you reckon they'd go for that? Quite like that, 4 pretty bloody decent players for 1.

dream land tbh.

the club have to try their best to hold on to Jimmy.

Interesting interview with Fabregas.

Saying how he has spoken to Wenger and out of his hands.

Personally i think he has told him that he would like to go to Barca but its upto Wenger, cost etc..

I hope if Milner does want to go to City that he takes this line, if Villa get the fee we want he can go, otherwise he is happy to stay...

Sky Sports can kiss my hairy arse, just saw this picture and threw up in my mouth a little... :x

James-Milner-Jack-Rodwell-Manchester-City-Uni_2455895.jpg

What page is that picture on?