What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

I'd like Hart, Richards and Ireland plus 15mill. Hart as the long term replacement for big Brad. Richards as a future (and past, for England anyway), marauding Villa and England right back and Ireland as part of a trio of central midfielders. Milner is a hard worker who has the eye for a great pass here and there. Good player but Villa have to do what's right for them and if we can sign two or three players as part of the deal who will at the very least keep us in the top six then selling Milner must be considered.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like Hart, Richards and Ireland plus 15mill. Hart as the long term replacement for big Brad. Richards as a future (and past, for England anyway), marauding Villa and England right back and Ireland as part of a trio of central midfielders. Milner is a hard worker who has the eye for a great pass here and there. Good player but Villa have to do what's right for them and if we can sign two or three players as part of the deal who will at the very least keep us in the top six then selling Milner must be considered.

Ditto 100% agree with you

I'm holding out hope that Milner is still a decent lad and...

Says to Villa...

Either i dont want to go, just reject all offers.

Or

Says i'll go if you get a price your happy with.

Hopefully there is at least a few footballers who are decent blokes too..

that is a good,good shout.

I would love Hart to replace Friedel and would be the cornerstone of our development like Peter Shilton was for Cloughie.

as good as Brad has been he is on borrowed time.

Says to Villa...

Or

There is no doubt that Jimmy is a very honourable young man and also dedicated to his football to the exclusion of all else. His decision will be based purely on football reasons.

Can Man Cittee offer him the prospect of winning trophies? yes of course. Can they offer Chumps League? no not yet but he is only 24.

I do believe that if he isn't a regular starter he won't go as he wants to play more than anything

Says to Villa...

Or

There is no doubt that Jimmy is a very honourable young man and also dedicated to his football to the exclusion of all else. His decision will be based purely on football reasons.

Can Man Cittee offer him the prospect of winning trophies? yes of course. Can they offer Chumps League? no not yet but he is only 24.

I do believe that if he isn't a regular starter he won't go as he wants to play more than anything

He'd be one of the 1st names on the team sheet if he did join, I doubt that is an issue.

A friend of mine who works at the sh*tty city has told me that as a last resort they are prepared to offer......

£30 million plus onuoha, ireland and richards as they are that desperate for him. They think that is a £45 mill total, ohh yes to that!!!! Would still tell them to do one though as i think the boy is class!

ill have me some of that!

I seriously doubt this - as it would leave City with bugger all home grown players. If they subsequently had to go and buy players just to make up the quota then they're not going to get as good as those three.

A friend of mine who works at the sh*tty city has told me that as a last resort they are prepared to offer......

£30 million plus onuoha, ireland and richards as they are that desperate for him. They think that is a £45 mill total, ohh yes to that!!!! Would still tell them to do one though as i think the boy is class!

I seriously doubt this - as it would leave City with bugger all home grown players. If they subsequently had to go and buy players just to make up the quota then they're not going to get as good as those three.

Ireland isn't home grown and they'd be getting one in Milner too, would be a net loss of one home grown player

He's there since he was 15. I'm not sure exactly what the home grown rule specifies but he might qualify as one.

Ireland isn't home grown and they'd be getting one in Milner too, would be a net loss of one home grown player

He's there since he was 15. I'm not sure exactly what the home grown rule specifies but he might qualify as one.

Yeah, realised my error, thats why I deleted my post, didn't realise he'd been there since he was 15

The rule as I understand it is they need 8 home grown players over the age of 21 in there 25 man squad. Under 21's do not have to be registered and Home Grown counts as any players being trained for more than 3 years in this country before they are 21.

I can see it now...

"Apparently MON had a big bust up with Berbatov over his laziness in training. That was £30 million/1 milner well spent"

Milner for Berbatov, straight swap,

So Berbatov is still worth £30m? I dont think so, more like £10-15m. One other factor in all these player swap ideas is their wages, Berbatov would be on £80K a week, no way he would come to us for half that. This would also apply to Richards and Ireland, they would be on very big wages, way over what we would pay, IMO.

to be honest im a big fan of jimmy, but lets be realistic, he isnt a £30 million player!

If we can get £10 million plus ireland and richards/SWP i think we will improve our team and leave us with spending money to go and get a robbie keane or yossi benayoun.

this is a real opportunity to get a top player picked up by the big boys but take a big stride forwards rather than 2 steps back!