• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milner is a massive player. He will be for club and country. We'd be silly to not try and keep hold of him. If he wants to go it's a different matter, but there's no reason why we shouldn't offer him a pay rise and a 2year extension on his current contract, and build the squad around him.

Did the people who say Milner is overrated actually watch any football this year? He's a fantastic player and the best we have at the club. We'd have a massive gap to fill without him but I've every faith that MON is able to do so - he managed to replace Laursen and Barry without really breaking a sweat, so we'll be ok but I don't want him to go.

Did the people who say Milner is overrated actually watch any football this year?

I wonder this myself, how people can't see how brilliant Milner is is beyond me. I'd like to see a stat on the people who think he's over rated, and who out of those actually have a season ticket and watch him. Then again loads of people love NRC and hate Petrov which again is totally beyond me. Milner is a must keep, potential future England captain. We MUST try and keep hold of him, best player we have by a country mile.

Did the people who say Milner is overrated actually watch any football this year? He's a fantastic player and the best we have at the club. We'd have a massive gap to fill without him but I've every faith that MON is able to do so - he managed to replace Laursen and Barry without really breaking a sweat, so we'll be ok but I don't want him to go.

That is one hell of a confusing post :? :D

Did the people who say Milner is overrated actually watch any football this year?

I wonder this myself, how people can't see how brilliant Milner is is beyond me. I'd like to see a stat on the people who think he's over rated, and who out of those actually have a season ticket and watch him. Then again loads of people love NRC and hate Petrov which again is totally beyond me. Milner is a must keep, potential future England captain. We MUST try and keep hold of him, best player we have by a country mile.

Pretty soon people are going to be making out he has the potential to be world class. Like how people think he should start ahead of Gerrard or Lampard for England...Try looking at him without the claret & blue tinted glasses.

Mancini might not want to be held to ransom for players, but if he doesn't get them he'll be removed and replaced with someone who will.

For the owners, the difference between £20m and £30m is absolutely no difference at all, they make that in an hour - for the manager (and the Chief Exec) it could be the difference between having a job at City and not.

Call his bluff.

Doesn't mean they don't think he will be a miss if he leaves or is not a good player. I think he is a very good player and would be a massive miss but I still think the media are overhyping him.

Since when has he ever played left back as well.

Will we get news on the situation today? Really don't want to be cheering on Milner during the WC only to turn out he's signed for Citeh.
I'll cheer him on,if we get 20mand Ireland..I'll say thanks jimmy,you where a great player for us but everyone has there price,I'm no big fan of Ireland but I think if we got him,he could be next seasons Dunne..

So... what's the crack with Jimmy now?

I thought we were having contract talks today?

Is it a case of..

A) he signs a contract extension Today and it's on avfc.co.uk in the next few hours

.... or...

B) we don't hear anything.. he's basically denied an extension and we're to expect an improved offer from Man City?

I thought I read/ heard something a few days ago that we were going to bring forward the contract talks to get it sorted before the squad left for the WC

I think we're in danger of talking Jimmy Milner up into being some kind of world super star. He works really hard and is a very good player but Man City have at least two players many of us would want and should/could in a player swap to take us further forward. Ireland, Hart, Bellamy, Richards, Onouha, take your pick and add 20mill.