What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

I'm holding out hope that Milner is still a decent lad and...

Says to Villa...

Either i dont want to go, just reject all offers.

Or

Says i'll go if you get a price your happy with.

Hopefully there is at least a few footballers who are decent blokes too..

There is no doubt that Jimmy is a very honourable young man and also dedicated to his football to the exclusion of all else. His decision will be based purely on football reasons.

Can Man Cittee offer him the prospect of winning trophies? yes of course. Can they offer Chumps League? no not yet but he is only 24.

I do believe that if he isn't a regular starter he won't go as he wants to play more than anything

I tend to lean towards points made in both these posts......

I also have to wonder whether Dunne's issue's with City might also be a factor in Jimmy making a decision now? There is no doubt that Dunne was really hurt by the way City (read Gary Crook) messed him about - it might just raise a question mark or two in Jimmy's head about whether he can believe all that might be "promised" to him, or stay at Villa for a couple more years on an improved deal, and then reassess.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah agree with the above. My memory on the matter may not be crystal clear but I'm pretty sure we improved immensely the season after we sold Yorke.

David Platt, even as far back as Andy Gray.

Milners value or worth is what a willing buyer will pay. If its £20 million then he aint going if its £30 million but MON and Randy want more then again he wont be going.

Man city will want to do a quivk deal before the World Cup and before Chelsea if rumours are true join in.

Wonder how good MON is at poker.

If mon can't convince him they are willing to heavily invest in the team to take the club forward then he will leave. If he is fast becoming a England regular then will definately want cl football

What if....and this is a distinct possibility, Milner comes back as a World Cup winner or at the very least excels in the World Cup. How would THAT affect his transfer fee?

What if....and this is a distinct possibility, Milner comes back as a World Cup winner or at the very least excels in the World Cup. How would THAT affect his transfer fee?

If he does well it will up his fee if he doesn't then he has alreadt proved himself in one of the (if not the) best leagues in the world.

Personally I think Jimmy won't go as citeh have made a bid prior to the world cup where as villa have shown some respect for the lad and made contract negotiation appoinmentts for afterwards. If anyting I hope Jimmy realised that he would be 'hot proprerty'after last season and that the Villa stance is the right and proper one.

What if....and this is a distinct possibility, Milner comes back as a World Cup winner

He aint spanish is he?

we let barry go for 12 and I thought we could of strung them out for 20m.

Then they paid 24m for joeleon lescott which was well over the odds, and paid stupid money for de jonk.

When Dwight Yorke went for 12m the going rate was about 17m

we need to hold out for the big big money. We know they've got it.

I'd like Ireland, but I want at least 25m for milner.

If mon can't convince him they are willing to heavily invest in the team to take the club forward then he will leave. If he is fast becoming a England regular then will definately want cl football

Id love to know where you get your valuations for your summer transfer targets

Personally, I think if anything happens it will be after the World Cup, and I have a strange feeling he'll be wearing the claret and blue next season, if we do sell him, and rumours are to be believed, it will be for over £30 million, which would be okay because then at least it can be re-invested in the playing side of things. But I'm convinced that he will sign a new contract and stay with the club. If you remember, after his loan spell with us, he was on the verge of signing a permanent deal when Newscatle pulled the plug at the 11th hour, and I remember that he was gutted that he couldn't join us. With this in mind, it would only be a serious career advancement if he was going to go, say to Chelsea......

I posted the same thing a couple of days ago. If hes worth £30m now, he may be worth £40m plus after the WC.

It's actually the Chairman who holds the key to the level of investment in the club, isn't it, not the manager? So maybe you mean Lerner should try to convince him of this.

However, I don't think a player is best placed to make a sophisticated assessment of a club's forward business plan, so I wouldn't have thought his view on whether our level of investment is adequate would have much bearing on his decision.

As we saw with G Barry, dangling a contract with an offer of £100,000 a week in front of a player is usually enough to convince them.

100% guesstimations

100% guesstimations

100% fantasy more like.

James Milner is a Champions League quality player, the only player we have who is (imo) unquestionably of that standard. I'm not sure we can, or really should, get in the way of a move to his proper level. I'd love to think we could hold onto him, but really, he needs to step up now if he is to properly fulfil his massive potential to go on and become a genuine world class talent.

Good luck James whatever you chose to do, and thanks for this last season

James Milner is a Champions League quality player, the only player we have who is (imo) unquestionably of that standard. I'm not sure we can, or really should, get in the way of a move to his proper level. I'd love to think we could hold onto him, but really, he needs to step up now if he is to properly fulfil his massive potential to go on and become a genuine world class talent.

Can i be the first to say... WTF? I wasn't aware A CL club had bid for him. People were moaning about us paying 12m for him and now he's the dogs bollocks? Another season at Villa won't do him any harm at all.

Can i be the first to say... WTF? I wasn't aware A CL club had bid for him. People were moaning about us paying 12m for him and now he's the dogs bollocks? Another season at Villa won't do him any harm at all.

Spot on with the last sentence.

He is a quality player but would he have been such a big thing if he had still been in and out of the Newcastle side??

He owes Villa and MON IMO and £70k pw and a crack at Europa and CL qualification is not the worst next 12 months to bear!! As long as MON uses him properly - 4-3-3 for me!

James Milner is a Champions League quality player, the only player we have who is (imo) unquestionably of that standard.

The entire Rangers squad is of CL quality. CL quality isnt top 4 Premier League quality as lots of people seem to be mistaking it for, the worst teams in the CL are far worse than the team that finishes 4th in England.

I voted for 30m to Man U. Lets be honest, hes not worth much more than 20m, and I´d hate for him to go to City.

What is this champions league standard? So many players have played champions league its hard to think that its some ‘standard’. Roque Júnior anyone?