What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

soooooooooo this is weird no news for about a week or so now??

thought we would of had more light on the situation by now tbh.

No news is good news. The media banging on about it will only make him more likely to leave. They were going on and on about it to fill column inches and now they have something else - it's a good thing.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soooooooooo this is weird no news for about a week or so now??

thought we would of had more light on the situation by now tbh.

No news is good news. The media banging on about it will only make him more likely to leave. They were going on and on about it to fill column inches and now they have something else - it's a good thing.

yeah agreed mate. but i was hoping for some news from our club. good news at that.

I'm pretty sure i read that he was sitting down with the chief exec and MON to thrash out a deal before the world cup? They are back from duty for a couple of days and i would hope that he'd come out and say he was signing an extension. Coupled with the fact that Citeh want all their transfer business done before the world cup starts.

James Milner will cost £30m! Aston Villa warn Manchester City as England star's future looks increasingly uncertain

Aston Villa are warning Manchester City that it will cost £30m before James Milner is allowed to leave.

The midfielder’s future at Villa Park now looks increasingly uncertain after the club’s failed on Tuesday to yield any firm commitment from the player.

O’Neill along with club owner Randy Lerner and chief executive Paul Faulkner discussed their vision for Villa in an hour-long meeting at the club’s Bodymoor Heath training complex.

On the move: Milner is preparing for the World Cup with England but his club future is looking increasingly uncertain with Manchester City keen

Despite the combined efforts of both the club’s manager and its’ billionaire owner, Milner did not feel sufficiently moved to commit himself, however.

Villa had promised to prepare a new deal for the England international that would have made him the highest-paid player in the club’s history.

On the lookout: Man City boss Roberto Mancini is scouring potential new signings

But Milner will not be allowed to go on the cheap and Villa will not entertain any offer that values their prize asset at anything less than £30m, after already having rejected one bid of £20m from the richest club in the Barclays Premier League.

Both sides remained silent on the issue last night but the fact that the joint involvement of Lerner and O’Neill failed to elicit a positive response is seen as a major negative by sources close to the Birmingham club.

The outcome of that meeting will be of huge interest to Roberto Mancini and those behind-the-scenes at Eastlands who see Milner’s honesty and industry as being of vital components in next season’s Champions League push.

While O’Neill will be undoubtedly disappointed if he loses a player who has been a fulcrum of his side’s success for a second season, he will at least be armed with sufficient funds to be able to make his own splash during the summer sales

Daily Fail

I'm glad that £30m is the amount being "rumoured".. just because if it does happen (and I hope it doesn't) then I'd be happy with us leeching that much from City (or £20m and a £10m-player)

For £30 million we should accept definitely!

He's a very good player, but he's not £30 million good.

I think the perfect deal for us would be Onahua, Ireland and £10 million for Milner. I think that's fairly realistic aswell considering Man City wasted £40 million on Toure and Adebayor :D

Should Milner go, it'd be very, very sad, moreover because (after the Barry's saga) we'd confirm that we are not enough attractive to make our best players stay. I regret the players of the past, particularly the heroes of 1981 and 1982, that were a bunch of fantastic lads, committed to the club and aware of its proud history, not mercenaries like are the 90% of the modern players.

id rather Ireland and 20 or even 25m.

I'd take 15m cash + Onouha + Ireland so valuing Nedum at 5m and Ireland at 10m which seems fair to me it still gets to 30m.

We get two very good players and with other squad sales we would have around 30m to still spend on a quality striker and another central midfielder.

I think if Milner won't sign another contract we'll have to sell him as we saw with Barry how value decreases over 12 months.

Thing with City is that one of the commentators on Radio 5 said that the owner was surprised there is so much fuss over wages and fees that they pay .. the amounts were small change as far as they were concerned and they could easily afford them

Fabergas could be going for £50m so £30m for a young up and upcoming England star is more than fair ..