What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

£30m is a lot of money, but we need to have players signed BEFORE we decide to sell Milner (if we do). By bringing the key players in early, it stops those prices becoming inflated, which they inevitably will do once clubs know we've got another £30m to spend.

And what about if we spend the cash and then for whatever reason Milner does not actually leave?

You say that like its a bad thing :winkold:

Obviously we'd have overspent, but given that we're trying to shift half of the squad anyways, I can't see it being a 'massive' burden in terms of net spend.

Im not sure about lots of people wanting Onouha. Never really been that impressed with him when I've seen him play. Think Richards is the better right back out of the two.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread Milner for £10m + Ireland + Onouha + Hart would be a brilliant deal.

Then we'd have £10m on top of whatever we get for the outgoing players (Sidwell/ Luke Young/ Shorey seem destined to go) to buy a decent striker.

I don't think Hart would be happy sitting on the bench behind Shay Given next year so if Man City really, really want Milner (and he wants to go), this should be our offer!

Id go one further, Hart+Onouha+Ireland+Bellamy In return for Milner.

We would end up with a replacement for Milner, Good Keeper to take over Brad Friedel for perhaps the next 15 years, Young Quick Right Back to Fight with Carlos for Right back and Bellamy who i think would be perfect up front for us.

Do that deal and i think we would have a stronger starting 11 and squad.

Sounds good!

Nit-picking.. but is Bellamy worth £10m?

Either way, we'd have a pretty strong squad!

Hart, Friedel, Guzan

Onouha, Cuellar, Davies, Dunne, Collins, Warnock

Young, Downing, Ireland, Petrov, Delph, NRC

Delfouneso, Gabby, Bellamy, Carew

(I'm excluding the people I assume could be sold, and adding Heskey because that's my preferred departure!)

That squad looks really good, Milner is good but we would be so stronger with this deal.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread Milner for £10m + Ireland + Onouha + Hart would be a brilliant deal.

Then we'd have £10m on top of whatever we get for the outgoing players (Sidwell/ Luke Young/ Shorey seem destined to go) to buy a decent striker.

I don't think Hart would be happy sitting on the bench behind Shay Given next year so if Man City really, really want Milner (and he wants to go), this should be our offer!

Id go one further, Hart+Onouha+Ireland+Bellamy In return for Milner.

We would end up with a replacement for Milner, Good Keeper to take over Brad Friedel for perhaps the next 15 years, Young Quick Right Back to Fight with Carlos for Right back and Bellamy who i think would be perfect up front for us.

Do that deal and i think we would have a stronger starting 11 and squad.

Sounds good!

Nit-picking.. but is Bellamy worth £10m?

Either way, we'd have a pretty strong squad!

Hart, Friedel, Guzan

Onouha, Cuellar, Davies, Dunne, Collins, Warnock

Young, Downing, Ireland, Petrov, Delph, NRC

Delfouneso, Gabby, Bellamy, Carew

(I'm excluding the people I assume could be sold, and adding Heskey because that's my preferred departure!)

That squad looks really good, Milner is good but we would be so stronger with this deal.

A much stronger squad. Still need that out and out goal scorer though.

Ireland & Hart Plus £15m would represent good Business.

Onouha would also be an ideal player for us who seems to be on his way out of Manchester.

As people have said though, its unlikely to happen.

Onouha would also be an ideal player for us who seems to be on his way out of Manchester.

It flat out won't happen. They wouldn't let him back out on loan, Given injured, English. 3 reasons right there. I would LOVE Hart here, but he'll be at City for a long time.

Good business but don't think we are desperate for a keeper would rather take Bellamy off their hands

Why is Hart,Onouha,Bellamy,Ireland for Milner not possible.

Onouha has had a bust up and is linked to a number of teams, Ireland Wants to Leave, Bellamy has been publicised to have conflict with Mancini and Hart is quality but they have Given who is one of the best keepers in the world in my opinion.

I think its very possible if MON was intrested in the players mentioned.

Bloody Warnock with those comments. I'm sick of this mediocre attitude that seems to have developed. Where do we actually want to be?

Its not really anything to do with having a mediocre attitude its just being realistic, if City offered us £30m for Milner of course its difficult to turn down. I dont believe he is worth that much, last night in the centre of the park he looked anything but £30m. In fact apart from Rooney I dont think any English player is now worth £30m. City have silly money and it just makes the transfer market very false.

If he stays great if we get £30m for him then great so all in all great.

Bloody Warnock with those comments. I'm sick of this mediocre attitude that seems to have developed. Where do we actually want to be?

What Comments?

Stephen Warnock fears Aston Villa team-mate James Milner may leave the club over the summer if 'the price is right'.

Milner has enjoyed an impressive season for Villa and his performances were rewarded with the PFA Young Player of the Year award.

His form for Martin O'Neill's side has seen him linked to several of Villa's Premier League rivals and Manchester City have already had a £20million offer turned down.

Chelsea and Manchester United are also rumoured to be keeping tabs on the midfielder, who Warnock hopes will stay in the Midlands.

However, the left-back is also aware that a significantly improved offer could persuade Villa to sell England's World Cup hopeful.

Warnock, speaking after England's 3-1 win over Mexico at Wembley, said: "I don't think the amount of attention James is getting is a surprise.

"I think everyone knows his ability and what he's about and what he's put in on the pitch at Villa this year.

"I think everyone knew his reputation before he even joined Villa, what he could be and what potential he had about him, and he's done very well.

"He can operate anywhere, he's very comfortable anywhere he plays and he's a quality player.

"I don't think the speculation (about his future) has affected him at all. You only have to see the way he's been in training and the way he played the other night (against Mexico). Nothing bothers him really, he just gets on with it."

Warnock added: "Of course, we want him at Villa next season, but I think, if the price is right, it's very difficult for a club to turn it down.

"From his point of view, if there's a chance to play at a higher level, then it's something that I'm sure he'll be open to."

Maybe Warnock and Dunnes latest Comments have come from the top? i.e. Oneill.

Warnock - Its reasonable if Milner wants to play at a higher level.

Dunne - We'd Welcome Ireland with Open arms.

FWIW, I dont think this to be the case but it all seems a little coincidental.

Maybe Warnock and Dunnes latest Comments have come from the top? i.e. Oneill.

Warnock - Its reasonable if Milner wants to play at a higher level.

Dunne - We'd Welcome Ireland with Open arms.

FWIW, I dont think this to be the case but it all seems a little coincidental.

More like journalists asking questions they shouldn't be asking.

For all the suggestions of various players arriving in a swap deal, apart from last season's Etoo/Ibrahimovic swap - how often do they actually happen?

They seem to the sole preserve of tabloid journalists and message boards, never of real life.