The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Pay per view doesnt bother me in principle. Its the fact that most of the time you cant get pay per view unless you are already paying £40+ a month for subscription TV and then when you are sitting watching it the cheeky **** have sold 15 minutes of every hour as adverts. I cant wait for the internet to kill that business model.

Yeah the shows were never on Monday night here, We had the Firday night wars here. WWF was on sky sports and WCW on TNT (it was owned by Ted Turner) so we still had to choose between them.

The products of both companies were elevated during this time and after the Hogan heel turn in 96, WCW won for 83 straight weeks before Austin and the Attitude era finally won it back for WWF and this becoming wrestlings mosts successful time.

Both companies busted their ass to beat the other and there was also the excitement and rumour mills of wrestlers potentially jumping ship. I will never forget Jericho's WWF debut.

I am very glad I was 14 in 1999. I've always been a wrestling fan since despite it being nowhere near as good since about 2001.

No,Austin didnt win it back Vince bought wcw and collapsed the company lol.

Back then WCW was miles better than wwf the whole nwo/wolfpack storyline prolly wont ever get matched.

Yeah the shows were never on Monday night here, We had the Firday night wars here. WWF was on sky sports and WCW on TNT (it was owned by Ted Turner) so we still had to choose between them.

The products of both companies were elevated during this time and after the Hogan heel turn in 96, WCW won for 83 straight weeks before Austin and the Attitude era finally won it back for WWF and this becoming wrestlings mosts successful time.

Both companies busted their ass to beat the other and there was also the excitement and rumour mills of wrestlers potentially jumping ship. I will never forget Jericho's WWF debut.

I am very glad I was 14 in 1999. I've always been a wrestling fan since despite it being nowhere near as good since about 2001.

No,Austin didnt win it back Vince bought wcw and collapsed the company lol.

Back then WCW was miles better than wwf the whole nwo/wolfpack storyline prolly wont ever get matched.

No, the WWF turned things around and won the 'Rating wars' for a couple of years until WCW completely turned to crap, then Vince bought them out.

I was duped into buying WM. Can I have my money back?

It was a rather large pile of dogshit for the most part. It was the second year I ordered it, having enjoyed last year's. Doubt I'll be doing it again

Aye. I only ordered the PPV because of The Rock returning, but it was completely rubbish from start to finish, except possibly the Undertaker match. What has happened to the fast paced matches at Mania? And why don't they bleed anymore?

Vince is a money whore.

I was duped into buying WM. Can I have my money back?

It was a rather large pile of dogshit for the most part. It was the second year I ordered it, having enjoyed last year's. Doubt I'll be doing it again

Aye. I only ordered the PPV because of The Rock returning, but it was completely rubbish from start to finish, except possibly the Undertaker match. What has happened to the fast paced matches at Mania? And why don't they bleed anymore?

Vince is a money whore.

I ordered WM just for The Rock and Stone Cold.

I'm disappointed Stone Cold didn't open up as many 'cans of whoop ass' as everybody thought he would and The Rock was a bit disappointing as well.

Undertaker Triple H was the highlight of the night as I thought it would be, although Triple H carried the whole match, it was basically the Undertaker getting the shit kicked out of him then fluking his way to a win at the end.

Although saying that, I think he was genuinely injured, he didn't seem to be acting at the end when he couldn't stand up and got carried out the ring and Triple H seemed genuinely concerned for him as well.

I ordered WM just for The Rock and Stone Cold.

I'm disappointed Stone Cold didn't open up as many 'cans of whoop ass' as everybody thought he would and The Rock was a bit disappointing as well.

Undertaker Triple H was the highlight of the night as I thought it would be, although Triple H carried the whole match, it was basically the Undertaker getting the shit kicked out of him then fluking his way to a win at the end.

Although saying that, I think he was genuinely injured, he didn't seem to be acting at the end when he couldn't stand up and got carried out the ring and Triple H seemed genuinely concerned for him as well.

I think it was part of the act, none of them did the X symbol.

The whole PPV was a joke though, why was the 4v4 tag match only 3 minutes long, it was a great opportunity for a 15 minute fast paced elimination tag match. Why was another match canceled(drawing a blank on who it was) they were meant to have the usual 9 matches so there was no reason for it.

I think it was part of the act, none of them did the X symbol.

The whole PPV was a joke though, why was the 4v4 tag match only 3 minutes long, it was a great opportunity for a 15 minute fast paced elimination tag match. Why was another match canceled(drawing a blank on who it was) they were meant to have the usual 9 matches so there was no reason for it.

I remember when I was about done with wrestling Wrestlemania 20 came around, and it was hyped more than any Wrestlemania I can remember, Brock - Goldberg was the main event as well as every other match being seemingly huge, it was just shit, I don't think a single match managed to last more than 10 minutes and they were all largely uninteresting, 19 was the same too.

Benoit, HHH, HBK was one of the best matches ever. Shame it's pretty much been erased from WWE history as Benoit won it. I loved WMXX, think my favourite would be WMX8 though.. Hogan vs The Rock was just epic.

Such a shame about Edge having to retire! It's stuff like this that is a big **** you to everyone that slates wrestling for being fake etc. It may all be scripted but the injuries are NOT!

For those that don't know, he broke his neck about 8 years ago and he had to have parts of his spine fused together. By his own admission he's basically been wrestling on borrowed time since and it has finally caught up with him. He's got to the point where he's been losing the feeling in both arms and after very extensive tests it was either retire or face being wheelchair bound!

He's had a great career though and he's going out as champion after retaining the title at Wrestlemania, great way to bow out! He'll definitely be a big miss for the company. I've got some great memories of watching him wrestle over the years! He was one of the only reasons that I watched Smackdown. I think they'll draft one of Raw's big players over to try and make up for the loss of Edge.

Â