The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Anything post 2002 was shit in my opinion.

Probably more to do with me getting older more than anything though.

No it generally just isn't as good anymore. During the Attitude era it was huge and the viewing figures were the highest ever.

They do not have the same calibre of performers anymore and remember they have no competition now like they did when there was WCW, so they don't up their game as much.

Yeh that's how I feel. It's probably the same as it was in the late 90's but we've grown out of it. I do vaguely remember the nWo storyline too.

But the whole WCW ECW invasion was when I stopped watching. Again, whether that was due to me growing up or the whoel thing getting shit, I don't know.

Also you can't beat the golden days of jim ross and jerry king lawler, they were worth tuning in for regardless of the quality of wrestling.

Classics such as the king leering over any piece of ass who might be on show and Jim Ross getting over excited " MAAA GAWWWDDD ITS LIKE A DAMN TRAIN WRECK OUT THERE"

Also just remembered that i tuned in not long ago and saw that irish bloke entering the ring called Finlay, i mean what the hell was that, he was just a normal bloke you might see in the pub wearing lycra, absolutely ludicrous, and i think he has his assisant with him who was a midget called Hornswaggle, half way through the fight he dissapears under the ring and brings out a shillelagh which he used to knock the other guy out.

Apparently thats edgy wrestling these days.

Attitude Era was the best. I still vividly remember Big Shows appearance at Valentines Day Massacre during the cage match. He came through the ring!!

I haven't watched WWE since 2003 probably. But I saw on youtube The Rocks return. I felt like a teenager again. Marked out completely.

Also you can't beat the golden days of jim ross and jerry king lawler, they were worth tuning in for regardless of the quality of wrestling.

Classics such as the king leering over any piece of ass who might be on show and Jim Ross getting over excited " MAAA GAWWWDDD ITS LIKE A DAMN TRAIN WRECK OUT THERE"

Also just remembered that i tuned in not long ago and saw that irish bloke entering the ring called Finlay, i mean what the hell was that, he was just a normal bloke you might see in the pub wearing lycra, absolutely ludicrous, and i think he has his assisant with him who was a midget called Hornswaggle, half way through the fight he dissapears under the ring and brings out a shillelagh which he used to knock the other guy out.

Apparently thats edgy wrestling these days.

Finlay is mega old school, he used to be in the old UK world of sport wrestling.

He works as a trainer in WWE these days.

Don't get me started on Hornswaggle.

I love wrestling. Always have and probably always will. Admittedly it is nowhere near as good as it was in the Hogan & Ultimate Warrior days or the attitude era with the likes of Stone Cold, The Rock & DX but I still watch it every week regardless :-)

You think that's bad? I remember watching Wrestlemania 7 with my elder brother. Those were the days! I've seen that the Rock and HHH have come back, however, they weren't the days I look fondly on. All about HBK in his youth, Bret Hart, Warrior, Hogan, Randy Savage, British Bulldog, Demolition, Legion of Doom, Mr Perfect, Rick Rude, Crush, Sid Justice etc (sure I've missed a few).

But if the rumors are right, and the Rock is out to take down Cena, then that's all good to me. Someone needs to tell Cena that the "Mr America" thing has already been done, about thirty years ago. He's a more thuggish Lex Luger/Hogan cross between - oh and he bores me! Take him down Rock!

Its been shit since 03 - when they turned the show into the UK equivilent of a PG.

In the 90's it was a 15, so you could be more edgy, with Blood and storylines etc etc.

Vince's fault, until a fan gets a grip of it when Vince retires, It will remain the same, because kids buy merchandise, 20 year olds dont.

Not watched it since 01/02.

When I watched it Tito Santana was the Intercontinental Champion and Roddy Piper fought Hogan and beat him up, someone rescued hogan, dunno who. Showing age much?

I loved WWF when I was a kid. I think I watched religiously from about 1989 through to 1995/96, and semi regularly for a time after that. I remember the Undertaker's debut at Survivor Series and I remember when Stone Cold Steve Austin was managed by the Million Dollar Man and called "The Ringmaster"

Favourite wrestler? Jake the Snake.

best wrestlers I remember were

The hitman

The british bulldog

Mr perfect ------great finishing move

Bam bam bigelow

chris benoit

4 of those are dead now, crazy.

Nah, I'm 99% sure Benoit's killing spree/death is a work. :shock:

Â