The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

He'd be up there.

But in terms of all round ability, so including promos and stuff, I honestly can't look past The Rock (although I imagine everyone will choose someone from their era)

My personal favourite was always Y2J. The "Me. Want. Title. Match" promo with Randy Orton was hilarious. As was the Santino one. Genius.

Best actual wrestler would be Benoit, before the steroid induced psycosis and the mass family killing of course. :shock:

I missed out on the Benoit, Y2J, and The Rock was just coming in as i discovered beer and girls so didnt really see alot of him.

Always loved The Undertaker when he was with Paul Bearer, some of those 'casket' matches were ace!

Benoit. It's sick I know but when I heard he killed his family, I had the image in his head that his girlfriend was tapping out but he wouldn't let go ...before diving headbutting from the top of the TV set. My friends always shook their heads in disgrace. I expect you all to do the same.

My favourite wrestler was The Rock, so I'd say he was the best. I thought Kane with Mask and Undertaker (around the same time) were amazing too, loved them as a tag team. Both when they were very 'dark' and evil. Those are my stand out 3.

Stone Cold, greatest of all time. Almost singlehandedly made wrestling huge in the late 90's, made more money than anyone. Unmatched popularity and crowd reactions at his peak.

The best all rounder I'd say is Kurt Angle.

Goldberg, Nick Mondo, Doink the Clown, Perry Saturn, AmDrag, Eugene, Mohammed Hassan, Nova/Simon Dean, Mike Awesome. The Best of the Best.

I saw the promo for Awesome Kong on Raw last night, looks like they're going to give her a 'deranged' angle...rubbish, they should team her up with Miz and make her what Chyna was for DX :D

When I used to watch it I'd say the 'Attitude' era was by far the best.

The Corporation, The Ministry, DX, the Corporate Ministry etc.. Was aces.

I'll never forget the Stephanie McMahon Storyline where she was marrying Test, but the Ministry abducted her and went to 'sacrifice' her in the ring. Shamrock came down and tried to help, couldn't. Big Show came down, got battered. Then Austin's music hit and he cleared the ring. I marked out proper.

When I used to watch it I'd say the 'Attitude' era was by far the best.

The Corporation, The Ministry, DX, the Corporate Ministry etc.. Was aces.

I'll never forget the Stephanie McMahon Storyline where she was marrying Test, but the Ministry abducted her and went to 'sacrifice' her in the ring. Shamrock came down and tried to help, couldn't. Big Show came down, got battered. Then Austin's music hit and he cleared the ring. I marked out proper.

Late 98 early 99 was my favourite era too. It was at it's highest then, the crowd reactions used to be insane.

Despite the total lack of wrestling during this time, it was a great time to be a mid teens wrestling fan.

I remember that.

The Austin McMahon feud has to be up there with the best feuds ever. Immense.

That was just as I started watching. Royal Rumble 1999 where Vince entered, and then Valentines Day Massacre where they had a cage match and Big Show debuted.

I'd watched bits and pieces before that, but that's when I started really getting into it.

Lasted for about 4 or 5 years I think before I grew out of it.

He'd be up there.

But in terms of all round ability, so including promos and stuff, I honestly can't look past The Rock (although I imagine everyone will choose someone from their era)

I think it's close between The Rock and Stone Cold, those two really knew how to work a crowd.

Their feud has to be the greatest ever. Backlash 99, The Rock stealing Stone Cold's belt, throwing stone cold and the belt into the river, then performing a ring side eulogy for "the biggest piece of trailer trash ever" (complete with hearse coffin and huge mound of earth with a grave dug into it, stone cold turning up in a monster truck, driving over the rocks car and then heading to the ring.

That no holds barred matched really shows up The undertakers and HHH's.

Anyone going to watch it tonight at the LG Arena? I'm gutted about having to miss the West Ham game but I can't wait to go and watch the wrestling. I've got front row tickets too which makes it even better! I had front row tickets the last time WWE were here in November and it was a great show! John Morrison gave his sunglasses to my little brother! The only thing that is abit disappointing is the fact that the scheduled main event is the same main event as the November one! The Miz Vs Cena.

Benoit. It's sick I know but when I heard he killed his family, I had the image in his head that his girlfriend was tapping out but he wouldn't let go ...before diving headbutting from the top of the TV set. My friends always shook their heads in disgrace. I expect you all to do the same.

It wasn't the very first thing I thought, but it did cross my mind too :lol:

Anyway, as far as best ever, I loved Jericho, and I tried to watch it again when he came back, but when he turns heel (which he inevitably does) WWE seem to have this thing these days of heel wrestlers not being able to wrestle, they go out and get beat for ten minutes then pick up the win every week until a PPV where they lose. He isn't the best ever, but I'm just picking favourites.

I think I am a little bit older than people posting in this thread (I'm 32) and even I would have to agree about The Rock and Stone Cold being two of the best talkers in the game. The only person who is up there with them in my opinion, and I would actually go as far as to say he is the best talker of them all is Rowdy Roddy Piper.

Â