The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

• 2 weeks later...
Haha, Grandmaster Sexay.

Isn't he Jerry Lawler's son?

Yeah

Yeah that's why he came back.

Michael Cole is feuding with Jerry Lawler at the moment and Cole is excellent as a heel.

He brought Grandmaster back in a Jerry Lawler expose, to show what a bad father he is.

Shortly after, Michael Cole had JR in an ankle lock after he came to defend Jerry.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't, I have no intrest in it but my sister txt me at about 7 o clock yesterday morning saying

THE UNDERTAKERS STREAK CONTINUES

then she txt me all the results, apparently randy orton won didn't he, he's the only wrestler thats any good if you ask me

I like the games just cant stand actual WWE

Yes the streak continues. Fantastic match between HHH and Undertaker. Orton won but I was hoping for CM Punk your sister probably fancies Orton.

The highlight was the Rock laying the smackdown on Cena and costing him the title match.

I didn't watch it. Was only bothered about the Rock.

If anyone has a link to a video of his involvement it would be well received.

Don't really care about the rest of it.

Billed as the most spectacular .........................give me a funking break its up there with one of the worst 71,000 and no atmosphere, matches were poor.....a bit stupid that the taker got hit with 4 finishing moves yet still managed to win ...........Randy orton catching cm in mid air was the highlight and the credits rolling at the end

I didn't watch it. Was only bothered about the Rock.

If anyone has a link to a video of his involvement it would be well received.

Don't really care about the rest of it.

Austin was there too.

I downloaded it from the net, honestly it was laughable.

The undertaker match was probably 20-25 minutes long, about 18 minutes of that was spent with them both "dazed" and slowly getting up from the canvas at various times.

The cena match was vaguely interesting with some slightly more technical wrestling but still boring as ****.

Only good bit was steve austin giving everyone the stunner and then drinking beer in the ring.

Terrible doesn't even begin to describe that shit heap.

Are you all MAD???

Yes I probably am.

There's a lot more to wrestling than somebody who takes no interest would realise.

Not everyone likes ballet, but most people appreciate what they do.

Wrestlers have a similar degree of talent yet it is often viewed as the lowest form of entertainment, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uy2tuw6dU8.

Yes I know the production is overblown, but wrestling never pretends to be real, although it is probably less fake than you think. Only the endings and main spots are rehearsed and everything else is freestyled. There is a tremendous amount of backstage politics and some genuine hatred between some of the wrestlers.

Wrestlers are pushed based on their marketability, ring work and charisma, and only the best get the titles so winning a belt is an actual acheivement.

I am past the point I was at when I was 14 and can no longer suspend belief when watching it and I find myself like many of the "internet fans" watching it and criticsing the writing and booking of the wrestling events.

Not sure if that made any sense but there you go 8)

Are you all MAD???

Yes I probably am.

There's a lot more to wrestling than somebody who takes no interest would realise.

Not everyone likes ballet, but most people appreciate what they do.

Wrestlers have a similar degree of talent yet it is often viewed as the lowest form of entertainment, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uy2tuw6dU8.

Yes I know the production is overblown, but wrestling never pretends to be real, although it is probably less fake than you think. Only the endings and main spots are rehearsed and everything else is freestyled. There is a tremendous amount of backstage politics and some genuine hatred between some of the wrestlers.

Wrestlers are pushed based on their marketability, ring work and charisma, and only the best get the titles so winning a belt is an actual acheivement.

I am past the point I was at when I was 14 and can no longer suspend belief when watching it and I find myself like many of the "internet fans" watching it and criticsing the writing and booking of the wrestling events.

Not sure if that made any sense but there you go 8)

I do actually agree with that post

if anyone is ever bored they should watch beyond the mat on youtube, you get to see that the injuries they sustain are real (and it shows the rock as being a grade A tosser)

thats why so many of the become addicted to drugs because there is a massive demand for them to perform so conistantly and often that they dont leave their bodies with time to heal so they end up becoming addicted to pain killers, and apparently the politics that go on behind closed doors really is cut throat

that said it just doesn't hold my interest when I am watching it (I haveto endure it about once a week when my nephews are round at my mom and dads)

If someone hates wrestling, the attempt to argue it's credit is a very very difficult one.

It's a soap opera. A soap opera about blokes beating each other up that you can go and see live and cheer at.

It's an odd concept, but once you get yourself over the "but it's fake?!" barrier (so are most TV programs) you can see how it's enjoyable.

I don't watch it anymore, I've tried and I just find it dull. Whether that's because I've grown out of it or whether it's genuinely got shit is up for debate. But I can still see why people like it.

Â