New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was always going to come to an end and everyone knew that or should have done including the press, some will br critical but we did it for 2 years and no other club can say that.
Being pedantic Barca started in 06 and are still doing it. Then again I'm pretty sure they not exactly un-flush, shall we say.
but barca had a comercial need for it, get fans used to sponsor followed no doubt by the biggest deal in history, we had no need to do it

I'd say there is a doubt there about Barca, it's leaping to conclusions theres no basis for.

We were not entirely altruistic in offering Acorns our sponsorship, and I doubt we would have had we had a big enough sponsor on the table. As it was, we didn't, and we took a small hit (because don't forget that only the big clubs have big sponsors, and even then they aren't enormous money. biggest is about £10m a season, Chelsea. Others drop off quickly to very small sums, couple of mill a season is about average) and gave up sponsorship, gaining an image boost in the meantime.

I think that the white shirt from this season is one of the best away kits we have ever had. The fact we beat Moan Utd at Old Trafford whilst wearing it does help alot too ! Would like to see Nike make a yellow away shirt for next season though...Anyone else got any colour preferences ?

I think that the white shirt from this season is one of the best away kits we have ever had. The fact we beat Moan Utd at Old Trafford whilst wearing it does help alot too ! Would like to see Nike make a yellow away shirt for next season though...Anyone else got any colour preferences ?

Green and Black stripes for me accompanied by Muller sponsorship.

Being pedantic Barca started in 06 and are still doing it.

brace have stadiums of over 80k each week and play cl each year they can afford to do it we cant

Yes, I did mention that they aren't exactly skint.

It was always going to come to an end and everyone knew that or should have done including the press, some will br critical but we did it for 2 years and no other club can say that.
Being pedantic Barca started in 06 and are still doing it. Then again I'm pretty sure they not exactly un-flush, shall we say.
but barca had a comercial need for it, get fans used to sponsor followed no doubt by the biggest deal in history, we had no need to do it

I'd say there is a doubt there about Barca, it's leaping to conclusions theres no basis for.

We were not entirely altruistic in offering Acorns our sponsorship, and I doubt we would have had we had a big enough sponsor on the table. As it was, we didn't, and we took a small hit (because don't forget that only the big clubs have big sponsors, and even then they aren't enormous money. biggest is about £10m a season, Chelsea. Others drop off quickly to very small sums, couple of mill a season is about average) and gave up sponsorship, gaining an image boost in the meantime.

yeah that was my thoughts from the very start, wasnt 32red somewhere around £3m whilst mansion were paying spuds around £8m? if we had got CL last season we wouldnt have had acorns this IMO, suggests that someone has come in with a very good offer

and barca do pay money to UNICEF as part of the deal, not sure if bronby do who also have them as a sponsor, but whats that kind of money to barca? not alot

i heard Tata were in with a shout cant back that up with a quote tho

Saw that in the Mirror not long ago, never head of them, turns out they are an enormous company.

They own Jaguar and Land Rover :o

I agree with everything you're saying CHindie, but just to correct you on some figures - Liverpool and Manchester United's new deals are both worth £20 million per season and Chelsea's latest with Samsung is about £15 million per season. Arsenal's is tied in with the stadium, and Spurs hope to get betwee £10 and £15 million from whatever sponsor they get this summer.

After that they fall away sharply as you say. Newcastle's new one with Northern Rock is £2.5 million per season. We'd be looking between that and £5 million in my opinion.

Â