New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villa will not drop Acorns in my opinion!

on the contrary, Villas topdogs were courting Chartered Standard to sponsor them, as they are desperate for a sponsor - theyll drop Acorns like a stone........

on the contrary, Villas topdogs were courting Chartered Standard to sponsor them, as they are desperate for a sponsor - theyll drop Acorns like a stone........

How do you know this?

How do you know this?

I have a friend at BA who also said that Villa were touting round them for a sponsor...

I don't think we're in a position to refuse commercial shirt sponsorship an more. It would be nice to still support and promote acorns in some way which I'm sure we will, but we already lag quite far behind the likes of spurs and city in terms of revenue never mind the big 4. Our shirt space must be of much more value now than when we last had a sponsor, Arsenal and Chelsea have long term deals in excess of £10m a year, if we could get half of that we'd be laughing.

As others have said it's less than great to follow a children's charity but with a bit of clever spin the whole thing could be turned around, maybe even a cut for acorns or a pledge from the company itself, even a few hundred thousand, would probably stick more money in the coffers than the increased exposure of promoting them on our shirts has achieved.

Messing around again with Sponsors on kits-

The home with ACORNS as the full sponsor

01avfchomenikesoccer.jpg

An away kit (based on Nike's PSG kit. The tiny dot pattern is made up of alternate claret & blue dots)

02avfcawaynikesoccer.jpg

A third Kit (based on the USA world cup Nike kit. The blue looks darker on the original adobe Illustrator file, and in photoshop than here)

03avfcthirdnikesoccer.jpg

these are quality! i'd have to get all three

How do you know this?

one of my good friends works for Chartered Standard and is the man making the decisions and dealing with the sponsorship deals for them..... theyve signed with Liverpool, and Villa were massively courting him when they put out they were looking to sponsor a Premier League club. Villa (amongst other sides) gave him the red card treatment and basically begged him to sponsor villa, but in his words following on from a charity would be a "PR Disaster" and that Villa will struggle bigtime to find a sponsor willing to take that risk........ Villa are desperate to drop Acorns, but are struggling to find anyone to take over - and that is the top & bottom of it......

Messing around again with Sponsors on kits-

The home with ACORNS as the full sponsor

01avfchomenikesoccer.jpg

An away kit (based on Nike's PSG kit. The tiny dot pattern is made up of alternate claret & blue dots)

02avfcawaynikesoccer.jpg

A third Kit (based on the USA world cup Nike kit. The blue looks darker on the original adobe Illustrator file, and in photoshop than here)

03avfcthirdnikesoccer.jpg

the 3rd kit is quality!!! is it me or do shirts look better without sponsors?

following on from a charity would be a "PR Disaster" and that Villa will struggle bigtime to find a sponsor willing to take that risk........

I don't understand why this should be so? Anyone in PR able to explain?

following on from a charity would be a "PR Disaster" and that Villa will struggle bigtime to find a sponsor willing to take that risk........

I don't understand why this should be so? Anyone in PR able to explain?

I'm not in PR but I'd imagine it's as simple as this - the perception is that your company has booted out a charity. It may not be true but thats the impression given, and that is an impression that isn't good for image which in turn isn't good for business.

The image problem is one that'll be worse for Villa itself than the company coming in, because we'll have the blame placed at our feet. Regardless of us still having a partnership with Acorns, or whatever, we'll no longer have them on our shirts and a lot of the good that did us image wise (and it was never an altruistic measure to give Acorns the sponsorship) will be sent back when we no longer have them.

Â