New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holland-world-cup-2010-nike-shirt-design-7.jpg

That's the Dutch World Cup home shirt apparently. Needs the badge on it obviously. Pretty simple. The collar is a bit like the one we had last year.

Anyone want to mock up that with our colours, checks running down from under the sleeve and some suitable sponsor guesswork?

• 2 weeks later...
Villa's home and away looked akin to the new Holland home, but with checks on both shirts running down from under the sleeve.

This is quite interesting. Not sure if I like the thought of checks running down under the arms. Although perhaps it'll be a break from the classic look that Nike have provided for us for the last three seasons. I do like something a bit different done with the home shirt every handful of seasons.

I went to BigJohns (Selly Oak) last night. Was nice, however the prick behind the counter serving me ended up giving me a load of food I never ordered, he really cocked it up, I was too pissed to notice.

Don't you be dissin the local delicacy of Selly Oak.

So far Nike have done an excellent job with our kits, I expect next year to be no different.

Totally agree, quality products..

I think the shirt sponsor may be dependant on final league position, top 4 finish will attract better sponsor?

I always wanted Cadbury on our shirts, think it would have looked good and would have been nice to have a Birmingham company as our sponsor but thanks to Kraft that isn't ever going to happen. We will be lucky if there is anything left of Cadbury in Birmingham in 5 years time.

is anyone good at photoshop and bored and fancies knocking up a villa cadburys shirt?

Aston Villa to end Acorns shirt deal

Apr 23 2010 by Nick McCarthy, Birmingham Mail

ASTON Villa is set to end its Acorns charity shirt deal – but denied a report that the move was to cut the club’s financial losses.

Villa chairman Randy Lerner has given the Midland charity, which cares for life limited children and their families, a free place promoting its work on the club’s shirt since the 2008-09 campaign.

A media report has claimed that Villa was to drop the charity in favour of a more lucrative commercial shirt deal to help recoup last season’s losses of £43.7 million.

But a club spokesman said: “This has absolutely nothing to do with cutbacks, cutting losses or saving money.’’

He added that the club was very proud of its groundbreaking shirt deal which boosted Acorns profile and insisted that the players would continue to support the charity in other ways.

He said the shirts deal was never intended to “last for ever”.

The club initially approached Acorns about using the charity on their shirts after players and staff developed a strong relationship.

When the deal was first announced, in 2008, the club said it would give “a truly wonderful organisation a significant platform from which to touch more people”.

A spokesman for Aston Villa said: “We have made clear that any new commercial partnership would still work very closely with Acorns and that would be an integral part of any agreement.

“The club are very proud of this groundbreaking association and the work that has been done thus far and believe everybody will benefit from making sure this continues.”

David Strudley, Chief Executive of Acorns Children’s Hospice, said: “Acorns’ presence on Aston Villa’s shirts for the last two seasons is only one element of an extremely strong partnership that both parties are committed to in the long term.

“This tremendous gift has provided a unique platform which is leading to many exciting, new opportunities.

“We are confident that as we continue to work closely with Aston Villa no one will forget us or the important role we play in supporting life limited and life threatened children and their families across the heart of England.”

click me

God, please someone with a bit of computer ability please do this and stop the constant requests!

What is everyone's favourite kit since Nike hooked up with the Villa?

The first away kit we had with them, the white with blue pin-stripes. Possibly one of my favourite ever Villa kits. It was beautiful.

Think we might be going back to a blue away kit again next season.

To be fair, the club made it absolutely crystal clear from the outset was that the reason they were doing this was because they would no sell the name of the club cheaply, therefore would instead give the opportunity to Acorns. "We will not sell the name of the club cheaply" is basically saying you could not get anyone to offer enough money.

Now they obviously have someone who is able to offer the money they want. There is nothing grubby in this, they are just reinforcing what they said 2 years ago, they never hid this reason or trumpeted that they were doing it for purely charitable purposes.

It was always going to come to an end and everyone knew that or should have done including the press, some will br critical but we did it for 2 years and no other club can say that.

Being pedantic Barca started in 06 and are still doing it.

Then again I'm pretty sure they not exactly un-flush, shall we say.

It was always going to come to an end and everyone knew that or should have done including the press, some will br critical but we did it for 2 years and no other club can say that.
Being pedantic Barca started in 06 and are still doing it. Then again I'm pretty sure they not exactly un-flush, shall we say.
but barca had a comercial need for it, get fans used to sponsor followed no doubt by the biggest deal in history, we had no need to do it

Â