The VT Baby club

kimmie

now tell her why,

I've known loads of women who had a baby, just like I've known loads of lad's who have had a kick in the nad's But i've never known a bloke to say 2 years later, i think i'll have another kick in the nad's

;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Seeing as everybody is getting ladies pregnant I thought I'd do the same.  Went for a scan today, don't want to know the gender but the baby was picking it's nose during the ultrasound. :D

Awesome news, number 3 is it?

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

I just have no desire to be a parent. At 37 years old, will it ever change? 

I didn't either but much like marriage I eventually ran out of avoidance strategies with her indoors. 

Now I wonder what the point of life was before kids, nothing remotely compares to the roller coaster of watching them grow and being a part of that.

No 2 popped out in early November with a few health issues and after a few weeks we discovered he has a brain tumour. Fortunately not cancerous and we'll find out in early Jan whether it needs surgery or just continued monitoring.

It's not easy, but if there is something more rewarding in life I'd really like to know what it is.

• Like 3

Yep, i was 27 when i had my son. He's nearly 2 now and every single day i want him to stop growing up.. and then when he does, i love him even more... if that's humanly possible.

I've always wanted children, but i didn't want to be an "old" parent.  I'd hate for my son to have to bury me when he's 15 or 20... 

Not that there's anything wrong with older parents.  They're probably better than i am! 

26 minutes ago, Awol said:

I didn't either but much like marriage I eventually ran out of avoidance strategies with her indoors. 

Now I wonder what the point of life was before kids, nothing remotely compares to the roller coaster of watching them grow and being a part of that.

No 2 popped out in early November with a few health issues and after a few weeks we discovered he has a brain tumour. Fortunately not cancerous and we'll find out in early Jan whether it needs surgery or just continued monitoring.

It's not easy, but if there is something more rewarding in life I'd really like to know what it is.

Thanks for the honest post and I hope your little 'un lives a long and healthy life. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I just have no desire to be a parent. At 37 years old, will it ever change? 

Silly boy. You don't have 'desire' to be a parent, you just do it, and decide whether it was a good idea later. 

I guess there may be some who genuinely regret it, but I've never met one. 

I suspect there are actually quite a few who regret it. But it's such a taboo they never say.

I'd certainly regret it if I bred a serial killer, or just ended up with a real shit of a child, but I also reckon there's a decent number of parents who would quite like to roll the dice again and see what became of them if little Jimmy wasn't around.

I used to work with someone who I always felt somewhat resented having kids. They didn't outright say anything but you could just tell that the kids were not a highlight of their life and were largely a burden. Other colleagues would have the glowing conversations of what little Jon and Jane got upto this weekend and this particular colleague had to be drawn on the topic and then quickly wanted to talk about something else, and when they did mention them it always was in terms of how they had got in the way of doing other things and so on. I'm sure they were a perfectly good parent and I'm sure their partner saw things differently, but I always felt like they kinda begrudgingly agreed to the kids thing for their partners sake rather than their own joy.

I honestly don't think the 'oh you don't understand until you have them' and 'they're your world and that's great' thing helps. 

• Like 1

My third weren't planned and it's taken a while to get my head round it but within a few weeks of having the little sod at home it will be like we've always had her. Instant love and there is no love like it. You cannot explain the feeling it gives you. Yes there are hard times and I must admit the worrying at times nearly kills me off but you get so much back off them and you get a sense of feeling like you've really achieved something in life. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Not that there's anything wrong with older parents.  They're probably better than i am! 

Nonsense. Just remember your the best dad your kids will ever have because your the only dad they will ever have. I've made a few mistakes and I've had certain issues but my kids worship the ground I walk on and vice versa. It's all about the love and them also knowing that your their dad and you will look after them.

• Like 2

Â