The VT Baby club

kimmie

Being a dad is the best feeling ever - that's for sure!

On the day of the Villa v Leicester cup game I was changing my 17 month old son's nappy and I said to him "We're going to nanny & granddad's and we're going to watch the Villa whilst we're there". He smiled and excitedly said "Gooooooal". I laughed and said "No son, this is the Villa so there might not be any goals". Joking of course!

It's amazing how he's probably only ever seen 3 Villa games on TV and doesn't really sit down long enough to watch anything. He's got a Villa ball though and I taught him how to kick and say "Goooooal" which he now says to everything after he's kicked it lol.

Kids are amazing!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta ask anyone here who was very impatient/easily frustrated withthings not going according to plan if having a kid changed that?

I can't imagine I'd be a very good or attentive father to be honest given how easily I can turn myself off from a situation not going my way, and it's almost at that time where the wife is going to want to start trying for our first.

Be interested to know if there's any hope for me

Gotta ask anyone here who was very impatient/easily frustrated withthings not going according to plan if having a kid changed that?

I can't imagine I'd be a very good or attentive father to be honest given how easily I can turn myself off from a situation not going my way, and it's almost at that time where the wife is going to want to start trying for our first.

Be interested to know if there's any hope for me

It's cool man. :)

They only cry if they want something, which is either;

Food

Nappy

Winding

Wanting to be held

Overtired (too stimulated)

If they're too hot, too cold

Or - and this is a new one for me lately - if they're bored and just want to look at something else for a bit :lol: being in the same place all day, they get grumpy, as soon as you take him to another room, he's fine.

With feeding, if your wife is boob feeding, you're life is not really going to change, apart from maybe the odd nappy change in the night, but my lad doesn't even wake up if he's shit himself (just like his mom ;))

If you're bottle feeding, it takes a little bit of pre planning and practice, but after the 2nd or 3rd day, you'll be fine, just make sure you get sleep.

But on the whole, being a dad? 9.5/10 would dad again.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Please welcome a new member of the Villa family. Baby M was born yesterday. Both he and Mrs M are in good shape and he's the most beautiful thing in the world.

congratulations man heres to no sleep for the next 18 years !!!! and meath is a great name :D

• Like 1

Please welcome a new member of the Villa family. Baby M was born yesterday. Both he and Mrs M are in good shape and he's the most beautiful thing in the world.

Congrats man, wish all the best to you and you're family.

Congrats mate.

The Mrs hyperemesis has now subsided and she is able to have a more normal life.  I have now been tasked with researching the best nappy changing bag to get and also a car seat for the pram that we have.  Luckily for us we are being given the car seat and bag as presents.  I also managed to get the pram half price!  How much stuff do babies need btw?!  Seems like I will be forever buying gadgets.

Congrats mate.

The Mrs hyperemesis has now subsided and she is able to have a more normal life.  I have now been tasked with researching the best nappy changing bag to get and also a car seat for the pram that we have.  Luckily for us we are being given the car seat and bag as presents.  I also managed to get the pram half price!  How much stuff do babies need btw?!  Seems like I will be forever buying gadgets.

That's the thing, they don't need anything, just food, a place to sleep and love! :D

• 1 month later...

Oh yeah, you're basically the first people I've told, so please no Facebook posts...

Well it's on there now! And as I missed this totally I'll say well done, and I'm slightly surprised ;)

• Like 1

Â