The VT Baby club

kimmie

11 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I still can't believe my little lad is 3 in May. Time really does fly. Having fun with potty training at the moment. At 2 and a half he's got the weeing in the toilet sorted. Amazed me really. Everyone has said he's too young to be potty trained. Pooing in the loo is hit and miss. Still majority in his Spider-Man pants rather than toilet. Fun fun. Missus has been a stay at home Mom since we had him so expecting some clingy-ness issues when he starts part-time nursery in September.

Can't remember how old my son was when we got him using the potty but my daughter has just started using the potty, although she's not properly potty trained yet. She's 3 in July. My son still has accidents at night and we have to put him in Spider-Man night nappies because he has accidents most nights and we couldn't keep up with the washing. He's 4 now so we are hoping he will stop soon. Tbf he never used to do it then all of a sudden he started wetting at night. 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Can't remember how old my son was when we got him using the potty but my daughter has just started using the potty, although she's not properly potty trained yet. She's 3 in July. My son still has accidents at night and we have to put him in Spider-Man night nappies because he has accidents most nights and we couldn't keep up with the washing. He's 4 now so we are hoping he will stop soon. Tbf he never used to do it then all of a sudden he started wetting at night. 

Yeah my niece is 3 months older and she's dry at night and flawless with toileting. They say girls are faster learners but I'm hoping him seeing her do it will encourage him too also. I think he's just lazy personally. >_>

16 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Yeah my niece is 3 months older and she's dry at night and flawless with toileting. They say girls are faster learners but I'm hoping him seeing her do it will encourage him too also. I think he's just lazy personally. >_>

My cousin (who is a nursery nurse) had her little girl potty trained at 2(!).  They are way faster than boys, who tend to be lazy (i.e. don't mind sitting in their own shit, (my kid lies when I ask him if he's pooed himself, little tramp)).

My boy is 23 months now, he loved watching me have a pee..

:mellow: Wait..

Probably shouldn't say that on a forum..

Hoping he starts wanting to soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

My cousin (who is a nursery nurse) had her little girl potty trained at 2(!).  They are way faster than boys, who tend to be lazy (i.e. don't mind sitting in their own shit, (my kid lies when I ask him if he's pooed himself, little tramp)).

My boy is 23 months now, he loved watching me have a pee..

:mellow: Wait..

Probably shouldn't say that on a forum..

Hoping he starts wanting to soon.

Believe or not that's what encouraged my lad to start pissing in the toilet. He used to stand next to me while I had a piss and he was amazed. He still is I think. Everytime I go for a piss so does he and we basically try to shoot down each other's piss. Kids eh :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

As I've said we are having a girl but yet again we are divided on a name. Without saying which name I would like and what my wife would like what do VTers think. 

Sydney ? 

Scarlett?

one of those names is a name I've always wanted for a girl but my wife hates it.

I thought with your love of black sabbath you chance your hand with Iommi (better choice than war pigs) ;)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I thought with your love of black sabbath you chance your hand with Iommi (better choice than war pigs) ;)

I tried to get sabbath or Zeppelin for my sons middle name but she wouldn't have it. Also before we had the scan to find out the sex of our latest pregnancy  my wife wanted the name ozzy if it was a boy. Her idea not mine. I said I'd have to think about that one.

• Like 1

Well after people posting on here we now have two names which me and my wife really like. Luna and iommi. I've never ever thought about either names before especially iommi but have put them forward to see what she thought and she loves them. I wanted Scarlett which was a huge no from the wife and she wanted Sydney which I like but I wouldn't want to use it for my daughter. Luna walker or iommi walker. Why didn't I ever think of iommi?? Thank you :) we now agree on some names. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Iommi is not a **** girl's name Jesus Christ.

For stuff like Luna, I imagine a little girl in Italy called Moon.

My sister knows a woman in Derby who called her little girl Haribo. Just cruel. 

22 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Iommi is not a **** girl's name Jesus Christ.

For stuff like Luna, I imagine a little girl in Italy called Moon.

So it's a boys name then? Well that's ***** that up. Saying that George is a boys and girls name. 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

So it's a boys name then? Well that's ***** that up. Saying that George is a boys and girls name. 

I quite like it as a girls name actually.

Kind of like a positive version of Naomi if you see what I mean :)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I quite like it as a girls name actually.

Kind of like a positive version of Naomi if you see what I mean :)

That's the way I looked at it. I thought Naomi is a girls name so surely you could have iommi. 

Â