The VT Baby club

kimmie

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

So, you delivered the baby? 

I misinterpreted this as a pun on bringing the baby home. I now realise it was a sincere question.

I retract my groan :D

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Xela said:

Congrats Ruge!

Bit late to the party... head down at work for 2 days! 

No party here mate, just sick, dirty nappies and sleepless nights. You keep your head down at work mate and that way you should be safe :)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, djdabush said:

Forgot this thread existed. Got my first due in July, took years of persuading to get my wife to agree (fair to say she's generally not a fan of kids).  Getting excited but also a little nervous now, the commitment is quickly dawning on me!

All I can say is that things get real once you have kids :) congratulations anyway.

9 hours ago, djdabush said:

Forgot this thread existed. Got my first due in July, took years of persuading to get my wife to agree (fair to say she's generally not a fan of kids).  Getting excited but also a little nervous now, the commitment is quickly dawning on me!

RV having his has made it a little bit more real for me, mine is also due July, so has seemed ages away but the weeks are nearly into single figures now. Although June is looking a bit more likely now as my Mrs is suffering a bit with various things and had an emergency c section with her first so a planned c section is looking increasingly likely. 

If it works out as it looks, my boss is going to hate me, as the end of June is crazy at work. So more than a week early and she is not going to like the conversation when I tell her I'm starting my 2 weeks off during one of the busiest times of the year.

3 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

RV having his has made it a little bit more real for me, mine is also due July, so has seemed ages away but the weeks are nearly into single figures now. Although June is looking a bit more likely now as my Mrs is suffering a bit with various things and had an emergency c section with her first so a planned c section is looking increasingly likely. 

If it works out as it looks, my boss is going to hate me, as the end of June is crazy at work. So more than a week early and she is not going to like the conversation when I tell her I'm starting my 2 weeks off during one of the busiest times of the year.

It was the same with me, one month it seemed ages away then all of a sudden we was into single figures. Tbf I was still in denial up until two weeks ago. My wife has a C section with our first but our last two have been natural births. My boss has been a bit of a clearing in the woods if I'm honest. Rang him Wednesday morning to let him know we had the baby and to say I would not be in all week and all I got out of him was, well when will you be back in then. Then yesterday he rang to see if I was in Monday and I said I won't be in until Wednesday. No congratulations or feck all. Best thing about it is that I get no money whatsoever for my time off as I'm down as self employed. My gaffers are pissing me right off at the moment regarding one or two other issues. Anyway hope it goes well.

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It was the same with me, one month it seemed ages away then all of a sudden we was into single figures. Tbf I was still in denial up until two weeks ago. My wife has a C section with our first but our last two have been natural births. My boss has been a bit of a clearing in the woods if I'm honest. Rang him Wednesday morning to let him know we had the baby and to say I would not be in all week and all I got out of him was, well when will you be back in then. Then yesterday he rang to see if I was in Monday and I said I won't be in until Wednesday. No congratulations or feck all. Best thing about it is that I get no money whatsoever for my time off as I'm down as self employed. My gaffers are pissing me right off at the moment regarding one or two other issues. Anyway hope it goes well.

:thumb:

Thankfully i'll get full pay for the 2 weeks I'm having off. I'm not sure if it was just showing over keenness to help work out or pressure from my boss but a colleague agreed their paternity leave and the dickhead stuck with the date given of the due date, the baby was 2 weeks late, I'm sure his Mrs wouldn't have been best pleased.

I'll be doing nothing of the sort, with my 2 weeks starting from when she's born (which I think is legally the earliest it is meant to be from anyway) If it is a planned C Section they will get a couple of weeks notice from me that I'll be off earlier than expected barring the unexpected and that will have to do.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

We had our 12 week scan today and everything was apparently looking really good. It's a mixture of joy and relief. So exciting to see the baby kicking around in there.

It's been great to see my missus start to feel better as well, she was never physically sick but she felt like garbage for weeks.

Also just announced it on facebook with #PiratesAreWild and this image :D

babybabypirate.jpg

Congratulations mate, brilliant news

me and my wife ended up in hospital at 3am this morning, she's 10 weeks pregnant and started bleeding heavily in the night but luckily everything seems fine, they had to call in a midwife to do a scan as it's a bank holiday but strong heartbeat there and no explanation for the bleeding but hopefully everything will be ok from here on

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Congratulations mate, brilliant news

me and my wife ended up in hospital at 3am this morning, she's 10 weeks pregnant and started bleeding heavily in the night but luckily everything seems fine, they had to call in a midwife to do a scan as it's a bank holiday but strong heartbeat there and no explanation for the bleeding but hopefully everything will be ok from here on

We had that at about 8 weeks. Thought we was losing the baby but turned out fine. Hope all goes well anyway and congratulations.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We had that at about 8 weeks. Thought we was losing the baby but turned out fine. Hope all goes well anyway and congratulations.

Thanks ruge, when she was 5 weeks pregnant she started bleeding and went to a&e and was told nothing they could do at that stage cus they don't have a heartbeat at that week, since then we've been fine until this morning when my wife bled heavily and we thought that was it

3 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Thanks ruge, when she was 5 weeks pregnant she started bleeding and went to a&e and was told nothing they could do at that stage cus they don't have a heartbeat at that week, since then we've been fine until this morning when my wife bled heavily and we thought that was it

It's not nice. Your first?

My wife also had a small bleed with our first about 6 or 7 weeks which is obviously scary, when we called the hospital they basically said the same. Can't do anything so just have to sit tight and hope for the best.

All was well.

33 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It's not nice. Your first?

Nah this is our second, the first was traumatic as we were told at the 20 week scan she had down syndrome and to terminate the pregnancy but everything was ok, is just like a straightforward pregnancy tbh

3 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Nah this is our second, the first was traumatic as we were told at the 20 week scan she had down syndrome and to terminate the pregnancy but everything was ok, is just like a straightforward pregnancy tbh

Bloody hell mate. Kids eh, who would have em .

5 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

So you got told for sure that your baby had Down Syndrome and that advice was wrong? Bloody hell that's rough. I thought at worst they gave you a probability rating at that point.

We just had the scan where they do the initial Down Syndrome test by checking the thickness of the fluid at the back of the neck, which the radiologist said was in the really low risk range. There really is a big sense of relief every time you're told that your baby appears healthy and that everything is as expected.

I feel so sorry for parents who have to go through that kind of stress.

Â