The VT Baby club

kimmie

A little late to this thread so a big congratulations to Rob and Levi. Great stuff.

Oh and another vote here for "PongRiddims". Think, it's practically nickname-proof.

only seems like 5 minutes ago that i was holding my lad in my arms when he was first born but fast forward and he starts school next week, got his school uniform the other day along with his school shoes. time bloody flies.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

My boy has entered the "fun" stage now. 

It gets more fun with every passing week.  I can make him properly belly laugh now B)

He gets sad if he see's us leaving the room too :lol: (to do washing up or something, not just leaving him)

My 2nd little boy was born a month ago today. It's been great and I'm a very proud Daddy but I'm sooooo tired! Can't wait until he starts smiling and interacting. He's getting more alert every day and it really is amazing to watch. Good times.

• Like 2

Congrats both.

My mrs is now 38 weeks and I am just waiting for the call.  We had a false alarm on Friday and were in the hospital for 5 hours. I'm getting a bit nervous now. Reading reviews of hospitals to make sure we've picked the right one!

• Like 3

Congrats both.

My mrs is now 38 weeks and I am just waiting for the call.  We had a false alarm on Friday and were in the hospital for 5 hours. I'm getting a bit nervous now. Reading reviews of hospitals to make sure we've picked the right one!

Don't worry about that, until about 40 years ago, people gave birth at home, as long as the hospital has a bed with Gas, she's in a good place.

• Like 2

Congrats both.

My tip for the top - epidural.  We even managed to get some sleep during her labour!

We had a very full on experience overall though.  Mrs NV had to be induced as she was showing signs of preeclampsia 8 days before her due date.  The induction went well but labour was slow.  Eventually she had an epidural which really went well for her.  After a while she was in a lot of pain again though, and we found out that the epidural had come out.  As she was at the pushing stage it was too late to really keep her still and fix it.

After a couple of hours of pushing the baby wasn't really looking like showing up so we had the option of forceps or c-section.  We decided on forceps so off we went to the operating theatre.  They didn't work, and the baby suddenly became stressed so I had to leave the room.  I knew something serious was up.  They called me back in as the emergency c-section was in full swing.  That seemed to go fine, but I wasn't about to look the other side of the covers to see what was happening!

The wife was in a lot of pain as they looked to close her back up so she had a general anaesthetic while I waited outside with the baby in the recovery room.  Three hours later we were still there and no sign of Mrs NV.  My mind went to some dark, dark places during that time.  The surgeon came out and explained there had been a lot of internal damage and a lot of blood loss.  It wasn't life-threatening but they'd need another hour to sort it all out.

Finally she emerged, groggy and in pain. I've not cried so much in a long time. We ended up with a week in hospital, and Mrs NV had two iron infusions and a blood transfusion. She's far stronger and braver than I could ever dream of being.

We didn't have a birthing plan, which is a good job as we would've thrown it out of the window anyway!  Something any new father will find out is just how incredible women are. The pain they can withstand, the mental toughness for whatever medical situations they're in and procedures they face, and their ability to emerge with so much capacity to love their newborn child.

I know we had an exceptionally rare set of circumstances around the arrival of our little one, and I'm certain Omar or any other Dads-to-be won't face anything like this, but if you do just prepare to be amazed at the capabilities of both your good lady and the medical team working for her.

• Like 3

Sounds absolutely horrific and (luckily for my wife and I), the polar opposite.

She wanted a water birth if there were any available and luckily, we were the last birth commited to the hospital before other women were turned away because of an under-staffed ward.

It was touch and go whether she could use the pool, but about 10 minutes before pushing she hopped into it.

From start to end was about 4 hours.

Women are amazing though, unreal what they go through!

• Like 1

our first was a c section and they did not give her enough of whatever to kill the pain so when they were cutting her and then removing the baby she felt a lot of the pain you weren't meant to feel. dont know about anyone on hear but i hate the whole pregnancy and labour, she loved it.

Only noticed this thread while sifting through off topics. Thought id need to get involved since our little fella is 6 months today. He is our first, so lots of new experiences. He's just getting to the stage where you can't leave him anywhere, without him trying to crawl away, or rolling as our lad has mastered, while ofcourse trying to eat everything in his path. Ha!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â