The VT Baby club

kimmie

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

So found out about 3 months ago that my GF is having a pregnant, found out about a month ago that will it will be a boy :)  the timeline may not be correct, it was a estimate...

Due date is 25th of November, naturally he will be a Villan.. That's why I haven't be as active over the last year, getting a job, growing up and generally becoming an adult with responsibilities.

Wish us luck VT  :) 

Good luck Alex! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Ohh how I have missed you RV :D 

And no it's our first... ;) 

Congratulations mate and enjoy it. Must admit I hate the whole pregnancy thing and even the labour, it's just not for me but yeah best thing ever having kids so  feel blessed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Congratulations mate and enjoy it. Must admit I hate the whole pregnancy thing and even the labour, it's just not for me but yeah best thing ever having kids so  feel blessed.

:crylaugh:  Oh poor you!

• Like 3

I was learning on the job as a parent, made mistakes, nothing catastrophic, but parenting mistakes can be quite public, strict at times, not overly and never to the point where my daughter ever rebelled against me or my wife, and we have never had a raised voice argument. As I look back as she approaches 28 I think I did a good job. Now as a grandparent, with all that I learned, with age has come patience and a lot more relaxed the time I spend with my grandson is the best. I go and see him whenever I can and weirdly, the love for him possibly outshines the love I have my daughter (it doesn't but it feels like it does).

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I was learning on the job as a parent, made mistakes, nothing catastrophic, but parenting mistakes can be quite public, strict at times, not overly and never to the point where my daughter ever rebelled against me or my wife, and we have never had a raised voice argument. As I look back as she approaches 28 I think I did a good job. Now as a grandparent, with all that I learned, with age has come patience and a lot more relaxed the time I spend with my grandson is the best. I go and see him whenever I can and weirdly, the love for him possibly outshines the love I have my daughter (it doesn't but it feels like it does).

Bloke I work with said the best thing about grandkids is that you can fully enjoy them because you haven't got the stress and worry that you had with your own kids. Your just much more laid back and it's so much fun. I've made a lot of mistakes but I'm only human, although I am guilty of being a bit too uptight with them. I'm always being told to be more chilled and stop being too hard on them.

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Bloke I work with said the best thing about grandkids is that you can fully enjoy them because you haven't got the stress and worry that you had with your own kids. Your just much more laid back and it's so much fun. I've made a lot of mistakes but I'm only human, although I am guilty of being a bit too uptight with them. I'm always being told to be more chilled and stop being too hard on them.

my stuff was like wear your tie properly, why didnt you call if you were going to be late, get up, get ready for school, that said what we did for every year of secondary school, we gave our daughter one duvet day that she can take without notice per year, she never skived a day ever, but once a year she would cash in a duvet day. Also allowed her to drink from her teens, she didnt care much for it and doesnt drink a lot these days.

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Pretty much this for me, too. We have a great relationship with our kids (and now granddaughter). Must have done SOMETHING right. 

Â