The VT Baby club

kimmie

Is 32/33 a bit old to become a dad? I'm 30 now and feel ready but the future wife is 22 and wants a few years to us which is fair enough.

I feel like early to mid thirties is a bit old to be having your first game of kickabout in the garden with your child.

When my child is 15ish then I'd be nearly 50!

Just seems a bit late to me.

Edited by Ingram85

Is 32/33 a bit old to become a dad? I'm 30 now and feel ready but the future wife is 22 and wants a few years to us which is fair enough.

I feel like early to mid thirties is a bit old to be having your first game of kickabout in the garden with your child.

Nah.   I was 32 when my youngest was born and I don't feel like an old man at all.  He's nearly four now, we play football in the park several times a week. 

• Like 1

50 is far from being old imo. i know some blokes in their 50s and they look great and still can move about with the best of em. i was 29 when i had my first and 31 with my second, if i do have anymore which is doubtful im prepared to go up until im 35 but its not uncommon for blokes in their 40s to still be wanting kids.

Seems fairly normal these days. Shouldn't be a problem at all. I'll probably be in my thirties by the time we're ready for another one.

I personally wanted to have my first before I turned 30, and I'm really thrilled to be a relatively young father, but for us menfolk it really isn't a problem as long as you're healthy enough to keep up with the little ones.

Our latest addition (i.e. child no 4 and daughter no 3 was born on Tuesday afternoon).  We've called her Charlotte, and she weighs 9lb 3.

FOUR??? Don't they do Durex in the IOM???

:)

Well done sir! Quite a feat at your age :)

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with being 50, you can still get erections and all sorts of young-man-type-stuff

you keep telling yourself that rob.

I don't need to tell myself, the missus walks like John Wayne ;)

I was 39 when my daughter was born. It's different for blokes though, as we don't have a biological clock like wimmin. If you keep yourself fit and healthy I can't see a big problem.

I don't think age is an issue for men as long as you keep yourself fit and healthy. I'm 36 and haven't even thought of having kids. It may be into my 40's before I settle down and have children. More of an issue for women, but as your lady is younger then I wouldn't worry too much

• 1 month later...

using all my experience from On Topic, I can tell you now that kid is worth way more than £12 million and will be ideal alongside Adebayor

Youtube video to follow showing all the best goals over some banging dance music

Â