News story of the day

BOF

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-59840021

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes: Review ordered into killers' jail terms

Grandstanding waste of public money. The evil cows sentence was Life with a minimum term set to 29 years, the sick fathers sentence was 21 years. Neither of those are particularly lenient

I'm not sure what Sue Ellen thinks will be the new outcome, imagine if the sentences get reduced

The courts are clogged up enough as it is.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bickster said:

Grandstanding waste of public money. The evil cows sentence was Life with a minimum term set to 29 years, the sick fathers sentence was 21 years. Neither of those are particularly lenient

I'm not sure what Sue Ellen thinks will be the new outcome, imagine if the sentences get reduced

The courts are clogged up enough as it is.

Reactionary governance again.

• Like 1

https://www.expressen.se/gt/pizzanamn-anmalt-kanner-mig-krankt/

A devout Christian - also a restaurant visitor - does not get a hearing for his report to the Chancellor of Justice.

Unlike the complainant, the authority does not consider that the pizza name "Cheesus Christ" constitutes incitement against an ethnic group. It shows documents that the news agency Siren has produced.

Chèvre, gorgonzola, mozzarella, tallegio, lecino olives and pesto: These ingredients can be found on the pizza "Cheesus Christ", which is served in a restaurant in central Gothenburg.

But it is not the taste of the pizza, but its name, that upset one of the restaurant's visitors. The pizzeria has committed incitement against ethnic groups and violated both the Freedom of the Press Ordinance and the Freedom of Expression Act, the restaurant visitor - a devout Orthodox Christian - writes in a report to the Chancellor of Justice.  

The name "discriminates against my religious feelings", writes the complainant who also feels "discriminated against and offended" because the restaurant manager - when the dissatisfaction with the pizza name was pointed out - must have replied that the complainant's offended feelings were his problem, not pizzeria's.

"I feel offended because they mocked my religion and told me I should be discriminated against, because that's my problem. This means that as a devout Christian, according to them, I do not have my human rights protected in Sweden ", the complainant writes further and urges the Chancellor of Justice to intervene:

"I ask you to help me and all other believing Christians who live in Sweden and can feel discriminated against just like me if they encounter a similar situation."

🤦‍♂️

36 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I sip tea made with the tears of the clowns that thought these BLM protestors should be punished. It is nectar. 

I don't think the verdict either way would have really bothered me.

But given the people who seem furious appear to be exclusively Brexity dickbags, good on the jury I say. 

• Like 2

Trial by a jury of your peers, versus Priti Patel deciding to remove your citizenship and not even have to tell you how, why, or when.

We can still do somethings right.

Plus the added advantage of it flushing out a few silly supporters of slave traders.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

So which ones next. Might have a look around a history museum see what offends me from 300 years ago.

Then you'd be failing to understand the different contexts of museum and statue in a public place celbrating someones life

That argument has been used many times, it was stupid the first time it was tried and hasn't improved with age

Nobody would have had a problem with the statue if it had been taken down and put in a museum

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Then you'd be failing to understand the different contexts of museum and statue in a public place celbrating someones life

That argument has been used many times, it was stupid the first time it was tried and hasn't improved with age

Nobody would have had a problem with the statue if it had been taken down and put in a museum

All about opinions, an I don't agree.

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I doubt this is true. The politically correct come after the likes of Thomas Huxley ...  so I doubt any museum would be impervious to modern day thought.

Â