News story of the day

BOF

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Got to be! At least twice that for a fully-functioning magic wand these days.

Yeah, my magic wand is free but only works intermittently, and even then not very well 😔

• Haha 1

A pensioner has hit out at Thomas Cook because her hotel in Spanish resort Benidorm had ‘too many Spaniards in it’.

Freda Jackson said that she broke down crying at the end of her two-week break in May this year.

She complained that she was almost knocked over by ‘rude’ natives and asked why they can’t go somewhere else on holiday.

sei_25184292-6c45.jpg?quality=90&strip=a

The entertainment in the hotel was all focused and catered for the Spanish – why can’t the Spanish go somewhere else for their holidays?’

Metro News

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

😠😡🤬

Duke’s daughter cites ‘cashflow issues’ to get speeding fine halved to £50

Socialite and business owner Eliza Manners wrote to magistrates pleading hardship

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/oct/29/dukes-daughter-cites-cashflow-issues-to-get-speeding-fine-halved-to-50

• Shocked 1

Madness.

The initial attitude of the police was just "meh". 

I'd wager the solicitors are in on it...

A man has described his shock at returning to his house and finding it stripped of all furnishings after it was sold without his knowledge.

Having been alerted by neighbours, the Reverend Mike Hall drove to Luton and found building work under way and a new owner who said he had bought the house.

A BBC investigation found Mr Hall's identity had been stolen and used to sell the house and bank the proceeds.

Police initially told him it was not fraud but are now investigating.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-59069662

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Madness.

The initial attitude of the police was just "meh". 

I'd wager the solicitors are in on it...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-59069662

I read that earlier, you’d be absolutely lost for words if having found someone in your house who said they bought it all fair and square and the police aren’t interested.

Drive 33 in a 30 zone and they’ll be all over it like a rash.

• Like 1

The real UK news story of the day has been this massive murder and necrophilia case. Main story on BBC News. 

The health secretary, Sajid Javid, has ordered an inquiry after a hospital worker admitted murdering two women and sexually abusing almost 100 corpses in NHS mortuaries.

David Fuller, 67, took photos and recorded himself sexually abusing the bodies of patients over a 12-year period at the Kent and Sussex Hospital and later the Tunbridge Wells hospital in Kent.

Detectives have identified 78 out of 99 of his victims.

Fuller pleaded guilty to murdering Wendy Knell, 25, and Caroline Pierce, 20, in two separate attacks in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, in 1987, at Maidstone Crown Court on Thursday.

Independent

On 03/11/2021 at 16:45, AlwaysAVFC said:

Arrest after man in Gosport spotted 'having sex with dog at home with curtains open'

AN ARREST has been made after horrified members of the public saw a man having sex with a dog.

The News Portsmouth.co.uk

So...which VT member lives in Gosport?

spacer.png

On 03/11/2021 at 16:45, AlwaysAVFC said:

Arrest after man in Gosport spotted 'having sex with dog at home with curtains open'

AN ARREST has been made after horrified members of the public saw a man having sex with a dog.

The News Portsmouth.co.uk

The headline reads like the crime was leaving the curtains open so others could see him shagging his dog.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

The real UK news story of the day has been this massive murder and necrophilia case. Main story on BBC News. 

Independent

I was wondering if this would be mentioned here. It's just so utterly shocking, one of those stories that just whacks your faith in humanity with a giant baseball bat. 

The depravity is just beyond belief. One of his victims was 9 years old, I just cannot fathom what kind of hell some of the relatives must be going through. 

So shocking that he got away with it for so long.  One of the saddest things I've heard for a long time. 

• Like 1

Â