News story of the day

BOF

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Plastic Trollop Katie Price, who crashed her car whilst disqualified for drink driving, and was also drunk again, somehow escapes with a 16 week suspended sentence. 

Why? 

Anyone else would have got banged up. Why does this thick slapper get preferential treatment? 

She has 5 previous driving bans already. What’s the deterrent if people keep getting away with it?

Will they just wait until she kills someone before giving her a proper sentence?

• Like 2

Absolutely disgraceful judgement given her history behind the wheel.  Oh no we can't put her in jail,  she was on Bake Off and got her tits out 30 years ago in The Sun.  Man on the street does one of the things she has done and gets banged up.  The people's voice needs to be heard on this one. Does someone want to check the judges recent bank transactions??

Edited by dubbs
  • Like 1

She had "Mr Loophole" as her lawyer.  He purposely got her to go to the Priory and was even quoted as saying she won't go to prison because of it.  Somewhat sickening to see news of her out shopping when she was supposed to be there sobering up and reflecting on life.  The absolute state of them too - all dressed up as chavs to a court hearing. 🤬

Edited by trekka

Star Hobson. Another one missed another story of shocking torture and abuse.

Sorry but so many chances missed yet again. Social services (Bradford, not the best reputation on child protection) and the police need to be held accountable.

2 quotes we don't need to hear

Police officer "Whatever the outcomes of that review, if those two individuals that have been convicted today of those offences hadn’t done what they had done, then Star Hobson would still be alive".

No, if you had done your job correctly, Star Hobson would still be alive.

Social services  Star was “let down” as the safeguarding partnership of police, primary health providers and social services said it “deeply regrets” that “not all the warning signs” were spotted.

Yet again!

“It is essential therefore that lessons are learned from Star’s terrible death so that we can better protect our children.”

Bored of hearing this!

51 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Star Hobson. Another one missed another story of shocking torture and abuse.

Sorry but so many chances missed yet again. Social services (Bradford, not the best reputation on child protection) and the police need to be held accountable.

2 quotes we don't need to hear

Police officer "Whatever the outcomes of that review, if those two individuals that have been convicted today of those offences hadn’t done what they had done, then Star Hobson would still be alive".

No, if you had done your job correctly, Star Hobson would still be alive.

Social services  Star was “let down” as the safeguarding partnership of police, primary health providers and social services said it “deeply regrets” that “not all the warning signs” were spotted.

Yet again!

“It is essential therefore that lessons are learned from Star’s terrible death so that we can better protect our children.”

Bored of hearing this!

I know social services are under enormous pressure and massively underfunded but there were 6 complaints to them from 5 different sets of people. 

Her mothers friend called them twice.  You have to ask yourself how it's possible to get so many reports if nothings going on. And nobody reports a friend TWICE, it takes some bravery to do that.  The mother said it was vindictive, and as usual the bruises were due to accidents which seems to be a go to believed defence. 

As soon as you have friends and other family members registering calls any case should be at Defcon 1 regardless of case load and pressure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I know social services are under enormous pressure and massively underfunded but there were 6 complaints to them from 5 different sets of people. 

Her mothers friend called them twice.  You have to ask yourself how it's possible to get so many reports if nothings going on. And nobody reports a friend TWICE, it takes some bravery to do that.  The mother said it was vindictive, and as usual the bruises were due to accidents which seems to be a go to believed defence. 

As soon as you have friends and other family members registering calls any case should be at Defcon 1 regardless of case load and pressure. 

Yeah Police, Social services and medical professional all involved in this one. 

Makes me wonder, if its like any profession, that you just get certain people crap at there jobs. I know if anyone said to me the bruises were when their child fell down the stairs, it would, as you say go to Defcon 1 immediately. In this case the social services case was closed, even with repeated complaints from family and friends. If police are involved they should also be allowed to check social media, as this can speak volumes, as in this one, the killer was threatening everyone on hers, an just proved what kind of person she could have been.

The Hobson case is absolutely horrible and a timely reminder that evil people exist in every community and we should always be vigilant with matters as serious as this and investigate properly, I don’t understand how when a child is covered in bruises and so many different people are raising the issue you could just get away with playing the homophobia card (which I say as someone with my than my share of letters in the LGBTQI+ soup) and skirt all suspicion.

Obviously between this and the tragic case with little Arthur social services over there really need a good look at? I get there are lots of issues around funding but cases as blatant as this one are inexcusable to miss and a child has lost her life.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Plastic Trollop Katie Price, who crashed her car whilst disqualified for drink driving, and was also drunk again, somehow escapes with a 16 week suspended sentence. 

Why? 

Anyone else would have got banged up. Why does this thick slapper get preferential treatment? 

Because the rules are different for mothers and for celebrities, especially if you're both. We know this 😕

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Eidolon said:

The Hobson case is absolutely horrible and a timely reminder that evil people exist in every community and we should always be vigilant with matters as serious as this and investigate properly, I don’t understand how when a child is covered in bruises and so many different people are raising the issue you could just get away with playing the homophobia card (which I say as someone with my than my share of letters in the LGBTQI+ soup) and skirt all suspicion.

Obviously between this and the tragic case with little Arthur social services over there really need a good look at? I get there are lots of issues around funding but cases as blatant as this one are inexcusable to miss and a child has lost her life.

What's the system like over, there, many cases like these reported?

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

What's the system like over, there, many cases like these reported?

Without having a complete knowledge so going of the news I remember a lot of stories of kids being taken from squalid and abusive conditions but I can’t recall a Labinjo-Hughes, Hobson situation hitting the news like that so potentially it might be less of an issue here but I’m not naïve enough to think it doesn’t happen in my own back yard.

Edited by Eidolon
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Eidolon said:

Without having a complete knowledge so going of the news I remember a lot of stories of kids being taken from squalid and abusive conditions but I can’t recall a Labinjo-Hughes, Hobson situation hitting the news like that so potentially it might be less of an issue here but I’m not naïve enough to think it doesn’t happen in my own back yard.

Your lot just feed them to the dingoes. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Your lot just feed them to the dingoes. 

Actually the dingo thing actually turned out to be completely true and she was completely exonerated (not being snippy I just don’t know if many people know that outside Australia). One thing we do seem to have happen an usual amount is kids go missing from campsites as an odd trend, thankfully the most recent case the little girl was tracked down a few days later seemingly unharmed and the kidnapped arrested

Edited by Eidolon

1 minute ago, Eidolon said:

Actually the dingo thing actually turned out to be completely true and she was completely exonerated (not being snippy I just don’t know if many people know that outside Australia). One thing we do seem to have happen an usual amount is kids go missing from campsites as an odd trend, thankfully the most recent case the little girl was tracked down a few days later seemingly unharmed and the kidnapped arrested

I know. It was a cheap gag. 

• Like 1

Â