News story of the day

BOF

On 15/12/2021 at 16:06, rjw63 said:

Plastic Trollop Katie Price, who crashed her car whilst disqualified for drink driving, and was also drunk again, somehow escapes with a 16 week suspended sentence. 

Why? 

Anyone else would have got banged up. Why does this thick slapper get preferential treatment? 

On 15/12/2021 at 16:10, Genie said:

She has 5 previous driving bans already. What’s the deterrent if people keep getting away with it?

Will they just wait until she kills someone before giving her a proper sentence?

Shocking really. This is her 6th ban, and 9th driving offence (i think). Still no prison. Was driving while banned, drunk and off to buy cocaine. Not bad for a bankrupt. 

Combination of 'celebrity', plus having kids. Goes a long way. I don't think she'll learn until she does serve time. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59703523

Anti-5G necklaces found to be radioactive

Necklaces and accessories claiming to "protect" people from 5G mobile networks have been found to be radioactive.

The Dutch authority for nuclear safety and radiation protection (ANVS) issued a warning about ten products it found gave off harmful ionising radiation

"Don't wear it any more, put it away safely and wait for the return instructions," the ANVS said in a statement.

"The sellers in the Netherlands known to the ANVS have been told that the sale is prohibited and must be stopped immediately, and that they must inform their customers about this."

• 2 weeks later...

In a way I think it's sad that a child is asking computer AI (or whatever it is) for a challenge. Just feels... not right, if you know what I mean?

9 hours ago, bickster said:

Wouldn't work in the UK because the UK's plugs are genuinely better than those of it's European neighbours

I have seen even people who regularly post about how shit Britain is collapse and have to admit that we have the best plug sockets.

🇬🇧!🇬🇧!🇬🇧!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I have seen even people who regularly post about how shit Britain is collapse and have to admit that we have the best plug sockets.

🇬🇧!🇬🇧!🇬🇧!

It's the holy trinity. 

• Like 1

I'm sure the **** will find a way around it but this has been a really bug bear of mine for some time. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59741141

New home and car insurance rules mean change in prices

Prices paid for home and motor insurance are changing due to new rules coming into effect on 1 January to protect loyal and vulnerable consumers.

Anyone renewing their policy will pay no more than they would as a new customer, under regulations set by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).

That means prices for those who switch regularly will go up, while long-standing customers will pay less.

The policy is designed to end cases of "price walking", which is when a customer is charged more year after year, by staying with the same insurance company - even though their risk is no greater.

When announcing its plans, the FCA pointed to an example in which a new customer for home insurance typically paid £130 for a year's cover.

But for the same policy, having stayed with the same insurer for five years, that annual premium rose to £238.

For motor insurance, new customers paid £285 while people who have been with their provider for more than five years paid £370, according to the FCA's example.

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-59840021

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes: Review ordered into killers' jail terms

The jail sentences given to Arthur Labinjo-Hughes' killers were too lenient, the attorney general says.

The boy's stepmother Emma Tustin was jailed for at least 29 years for his murder and Arthur's father Thomas Hughes got 21 years for manslaughter.

Suella Braverman said the sentences had been referred to the Court of Appeal as she believed they were "too low".

Ms Braverman said: "Emma Tustin and Thomas Hughes grossly abused their position of trust and subjected an innocent child, who they should have been protecting, to continued emotional and physical abuse.

"I understand how distressing the public have found this case, but it is my job to decide if a sentence appears to be unduly lenient based on the facts of the case.

"I have carefully considered the details of this case, and I have decided to refer the sentences to the Court of Appeal as I believe them to be too low."

Â