News story of the day

BOF

So there has been a 4 day long armed siege in Coventry involving an armed father keeping his son as hostage, yet it doesn't seem to have made any national headlines at all. 

Anyone else think this is weird.  I know there is a lot going on at the moment but nevertheless this is surely a massive story? 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

27 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So there has been a 4 day long armed siege in Coventry involving an armed father keeping his son as hostage, yet it doesn't seem to have made any national headlines at all. 

Anyone else think this is weird.  I know there is a lot going on at the moment but nevertheless this is surely a massive story? 

Probably keeping it quiet so Gazza doesn't turn up

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

You are right. All over the local news, not a sniff on the national. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-60084347

Robot vacuum cleaner escapes from Cambridge Travelodge

A robot vacuum cleaner made a break for freedom after giving staff the slip at a Travelodge hotel.

The automated cleaner failed to stop at the front door of the hotel in Orchard Park in Cambridge on Thursday, and was still on the loose the following day.

Staff said it just kept going and "could be anywhere" while well-wishers on social media hoped the vacuum enjoyed its travels, as "it has no natural predators" in the wild.

It was found under a hedge on Friday.

While some readers joked about the robot's adventures, one feared for its safety in the great outdoors, pointing out that "nature abhors a vacuum".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/01/2022 at 22:39, sidcow said:

I saw it briefly mentioned once on itv and not heard anything since. Any updates on what happened?

6 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I saw it briefly mentioned once on itv and not heard anything since. Any updates on what happened?

Just another day in Coventry, no-one cares

(actually Police ended it on day 5 by kicking the door in, no one was harmed)

42 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

They went in, falsh bangs, in through the window and the kid was rescued OK.  Not heard anything since about why or what actually happened. 

Man drove without licence for more than 70 years

A man stopped by police told officers he had been driving with no licence or insurance for more than 70 years.

While on patrol, police pulled over the man near Tesco Extra, in Bulwell, Nottingham, on Wednesday evening.

Officers said the driver - born in 1938 - told them he had been driving with no licence or insurance since he was 12 and had never been stopped by police

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-60159649

20 hours ago, bielesibub said:

One for the Flat Earthers to explain away.

Looks like Kim Jong-un and North Korea are now part of the GLOBAL conspiracy

As the Flat Earth Society themselves said.....they've got members all around the globe.

• Haha 1

On 22/01/2022 at 17:34, bickster said:

Weekend at McBurnies?

As I came home on a Friday night, as drunk as drunk could be, I saw a man outside my door, where my old horse should be. Well I called me wife and I said to her, will you kindly tell to me, who is this man outside my door, where my old horse should be. 

You're drunk you're drunk, you silly old fellow, and still you cannot see. Now take him down to the post office and get rid of his body for me.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

This British diver who’s been killed by a shark in Sydney - obviously sad news, but I couldn’t stop laughing at the BBC news quote “Australian authorities are still looking for the shark.”

Lock him up and throw away the key.

• Haha 3

On 12/01/2022 at 22:39, sidcow said:

Because it was in that strange place called the mid-lands. I think it is between broadcasting house and media city uk, but I am not sure.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, a m ole said:

This British diver who’s been killed by a shark in Sydney - obviously sad news, but I couldn’t stop laughing at the BBC news quote “Australian authorities are still looking for the shark.”

Lock him up and throw away the key.

I believe the policy is to ‘humanely destroy’ Sharks in this circumstance to prevent further attacks if they get a taste for it 😕

Sad, sad story from every angle 

Â