General Chat

Stevo985

7 hours ago, bickster said:

Seems perfectly normal to me, man comes home from work and takes his missus out to the local pub

I suppose he could have bumped into Klopp as its his local too (and does go there)

Let's say it was a spying mission.  ;)

• Haha 1

I was busy and in the office today. I come back to VT and my guess is that it's been the busiest day on VT Off Topic outside of a general election. It's mental. Not sure I am going to get round to reading all of it. Enough to say of I ordinarily give a like to your classy posts, apologies for the lack of service. 

**** hell. A couple of the threads are a wild ride is this how @Xela feels logging in and it's old men talking about The Fall. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

**** hell. A couple of the threads are a wild ride is this how @Xela feels logging in and it's old men talking about The Fall. 

It's been so crazy today... @bickster has admitted his love for couscous, which threw everyone off balance.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

It's been so crazy today... @bickster has admitted his love for couscous, which threw everyone off balance.

I actually insisted we have couscous for tea on Friday when we were out shopping earlier. Lamb meatballs, couscous and roasted Meditteranean Veg in a Pomegranite sauce

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xann said:

Breathtaking stupidity going down in a couple of OT threads.

Mind boggled.

Oooooh which ones. I need cheering up :D 

• Haha 1

I'm debating deleting Twitter and taking a break from social media / online posting. It's exhausting at the moment but I still find myself being drawn into it and wasting time reading about stuff I have no interest in.

Has anyone else done this previously? Thinking it would be good for the old mental health leading up to Xmas. Clear the mind of all the shit in the world at the moment and bury my head in the sand for a few weeks.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'm debating deleting Twitter and taking a break from social media / online posting. It's exhausting at the moment but I still find myself being drawn into it and wasting time reading about stuff I have no interest in.

Has anyone else done this previously? Thinking it would be good for the old mental health leading up to Xmas. Clear the mind of all the shit in the world at the moment and bury my head in the sand for a few weeks.

I know several people that have done it and said it worked wonders on their mental health. 
I don’t really use Twitter and deleted all the dick heads from my Facebook feed. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I deleted my twitter account and removed the app nearly a year ago and felt much better for it. Then I set up a new one up in the summer with the intention of following just Villa/football stuff. I don't tweet, but I still see crap I don't want to, my timeline is full of tweets from accounts I don't follow.

I didn't really browse or post on facebook but I deactivated that too, only to have to activate it when parkruns started back up again as that's where they mainly post their updates and news about cancelled events etc.

I'd like to be able to cut myself off entirely, I think I'd be much happier.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

yep i deleted twitter earlier this year after i got a warning from them for saying dublin should have headbutted savage harder...ok what i said was childish but i was sifting through pure bile all day on their platform, the amount of racism on there is astounding 

i kept facebook and insta as i still want to see what my friends and family are up to, which i dont think twitter was really, twitter for me was more about squirilling and rabbit holes and talking to random people about random things and then the realisation that i agree those things are more often than not no good for your mental health

the issue i have with facebook is the amount of guff on there, 60 year aunties posting what type of elf they are and that kind of shit but its way easier to block and avoid the "facebook are trying to ban this picture of little baby jesus, share if you disagree" crowd

• Haha 2

I've deleted the app off my phone but not my account. I'll give it over Xmas and it's there if I feel the need to go back. My intention was to use it for Villa / Ravens media stuff but it slowly squirrels into other stuff, then you're arguing with Shagger2459583303 about how Salah is a diving mug or Sharon939484 about how J K Rowling needs to be involved in Harry Potter scripts.

• Haha 1

It's good to take a break from social media and get some perspective. I inactivated my Facebook for a long time, Im back there but I rarely have a look.

Twitter I am very quick now to unfollow people that annoy me. 

• Like 1

I closed my twitter account and then close to a year later I created a new one. It serves me well for music news and my anti Tory echo chamber. I try not to, and fail at not reading trending topics or comments on contentious tweets. I fail at this. 

I have Twitter and Instagram accounts, but never use them. Facebook I use a lot for communication with friends and family, plus local news, football, humour, politics and humour. I do occasionally get sucked into arguments, but it's mostly manageable with careful pruning. 

Another one to exhort the benefits of coming off social media. I’ve never had Facebook but did get quite distracted by Twitter for a few years. It was only when I realised I was spending more time scrolling through horrendous/repetitive/boring comments than I was talking to my loved ones in real life, I ditched it for good. 

I do understand the value in things like FB for keeping families and friends connected etc… but I’m fine with the occasional phone call or visit. 

VT is the only social media I use, but that attracts a much higher calibre of user than the aforementioned. I can’t imagine how irritating it would be to have accounts with Twitter, Facebook, Insta, TikTok, Snapchat, MySpace etc…

I don’t really have enough time to read everything on here, let alone sign up to anything else. 

• Like 2

i've started blocking a lot on social media...even though i've never interacted with them before. if i see any profiles with a load of st george crosses after their name, spouting anti-immigration, pro-tory/brexit/gb news/farage crap then i just block. even though i'm never going to interact with these individuals i find the process really therapeutic and saved me from deleting twitter.

• Like 1

Â