General Chat

Stevo985

13 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Quote came from him personally. Saw a video where he is showing Leanardo Dicaprio around his factories.

How much you buy the shares for?

I can't remember what I got them for and we've had 2 stock splits since then. I'd have to dig through a bunch of old folders to find out exactly, but before the stock splits it was around $75 per share I think.

From an initial investment of $7.5k to which I added a few shares over the years, the gains we've made definitely paid the deposit on a summer house in Santa Fe, NM. I bought a couple of stock this week when it dropped to just over $900, down from over $1200.

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I can't remember what I got them for and we've had 2 stock splits since then. I'd have to dig through a bunch of old folders to find out exactly, but before the stock splits it was around $75 per share I think.

From an initial investment of $7.5k to which I added a few shares over the years, the gains we've made definitely paid the deposit on a summer house in Santa Fe, NM. I bought a couple of stock this week when it dropped to just over $900, down from over $1200.

Can people still get on it, buy the shares?

3 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Good to see!

I LOVE sheesh kebab so much. 

Would much much prefer that to a totally shitty pukka bloody pie and the most unimaginably awful chips.  I can't fathom what it is they do to the chips to make them so very bad. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I LOVE sheesh kebab so much. 

Would much much prefer that to a totally shitty pukka bloody pie and the most unimaginably awful chips.  I can't fathom what it is they do to the chips to make them so very bad. 

Yeah looks like certainly worth a try!

• Like 1

On 25/12/2021 at 20:12, Rugeley Villa said:

Anyone fancy anything in the King George tomorrow . Pretty strong renewal of what is sometimes not that strong a race . 

We all had a punt on it, My eldest picked out the one with the longest odds and had five quid each way on it and he won 160 quid

• Like 1

Horse racing is in there with cricket, golf, rugby and boxing as a sport that I have zero interest in. 

I think I don't really like sport at all, except football. And only football involving the Villa, now I come to think of it. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Horse racing is in there with cricket, golf, rugby and boxing as a sport that I have zero interest in. 

I think I don't really like sport at all, except football. And only football involving the Villa, now I come to think of it. 

I would agree with horse racing except for if you are actually there. I would never go on my own but it's a good social day out, have a few pints and some food and the racing is different when you're actually there. 

Sitting at home though even with a bet on, no thanks. Not much different to buying a lottery ticket for me. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I would agree with horse racing except for if you are actually there. I would never go on my own but it's a good social day out, have a few pints and some food and the racing is different when you're actually there. 

Sitting at home though even with a bet on, no thanks. Not much different to buying a lottery ticket for me. 

Thing is, horse racing only really exists for betting, and I don't gamble. 

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Thing is, horse racing only really exists for betting, and I don't gamble. 

Yes, that would be an issue. 

We ways used to have an office night out to a midsummer evening meeting at Stratford Upon Avon, a quaint small country course. 

We always seemed to pick a beautiful evening*. Loads of beers whilst the racing was on. Afterwards we used to go to a Chinese restaurant right by the river which turned into a kind of night club with dancing later, cheesy stuff,  not "dance music", then a coach would take us back to Brum. 

It was always a good night out, I'm pretty sure people could have gone and enjoyed it without the gambling. 

A day at say Cheltenham is different though, I think even with the boozing and company you would probably feel a bit of a spare part without placing a few bets. 

*this may be like summers were always sunny when you were a kid. 

Edited by sidcow

I think I've mentioned before that our neighbour is 103, in fact I think he might be 104 now. His wife is about 95 as well.

We've come to an arrangement where we put their bins out for them.  They just leave them outside the garage door and I'll take them down the drive for them. 

Tuesday nights now follow a familiar pattern.

We look out for their bins and they're never there.  

We've worked out it's pointless knocking on their door because they never hear. 

So we give them a phone call that goes like this:

Hello, it's Sidcow from next door. 

Whuut? 

IT'S SIDCOW, SIDCOW FROM NEXT DOOR

Whuut?

IT'S SIDCOW FROM NEXT DOOR!!!!! 

Oh, Hello Sidcow are you all right. 

I'm fine thanks, you haven't put your bins out. 

Whuut?

I SAID IT'S BIN NIGHT, YOU HAVEN'T PUT YOUR BINS OUT. 

Whuut?

IT'S BIN NIGHT, YOU HAVEN'T PUT YOUR BINS OUT!!! 

Whuut?

I SAID IT'S BIN NIGHT, YOU HAVEN'T PUT THE BINS OUT

Oh is it? We've forgotten. We'll have a look out, we've not got much so we might not put a bin out tonight. 

10 minutes later they call back with a yay or nay for the bins. 

Today we get a call back

"Yes we've got some stuff so we'll put a bin out" 

I go out 20 minutes later, the recycling bin is sitting there.  Recycling is next week.  AAGGHH

I'm mostly pissed off because I was going to sneak an extra bin bag for us in there 😉

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

I think I've mentioned before that our neighbour is 103, in fact I think he might be 104 now. His wife is about 95 as well.

We've come to an arrangement where we put their bins out for them.  They just leave them outside the garage door and I'll take them down the drive for them. 

Tuesday nights now follow a familiar pattern.

We look out for their bins and they're never there.  

We've worked out it's pointless knocking on their door because they never hear. 

So we give them a phone call that goes like this:

Hello, it's Sidcow from next door. 

Whuut? 

IT'S SIDCOW, SIDCOW FROM NEXT DOOR

Whuut?

IT'S SIDCOW FROM NEXT DOOR!!!!! 

Oh, Hello Sidcow are you all right. 

I'm fine thanks, you haven't put your bins out. 

Whuut?

I SAID IT'S BIN NIGHT, YOU HAVEN'T PUT YOUR BINS OUT. 

Whuut?

IT'S BIN NIGHT, YOU HAVEN'T PUT YOUR BINS OUT!!! 

Whuut?

I SAID IT'S BIN NIGHT, YOU HAVEN'T PUT THE BINS OUT

Oh is it? We've forgotten. We'll have a look out, we've not got much so we might not put a bin out tonight. 

10 minutes later they call back with a yay or nay for the bins. 

Today we get a call back

"Yes we've got some stuff so we'll put a bin out" 

I go out 20 minutes later, the recycling bin is sitting there.  Recycling is next week.  AAGGHH

I'm mostly pissed off because I was going to sneak an extra bin bag for us in there 😉

10/10 for storytelling with font sizes. 

clapping-applause.gif 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

BBC news have just carried a report about the reintroduction into the wild of an extinct fish called The Tequila fish.... Which makes me happy. 

The name of the correspondent? Victoria Gill. 😂😂

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just been down the garden. 

Shoots everywhere. The days are getting longer. 

Hopefully in 2 / 3 weeks Omicron has blown itself out, spring flowers are starting to open and we can all look forward to a much better 2022. 

👍🥂

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47axpjucsoko9gb8p7og

• Haha 1

Â